Determined to Believe: Chapter 6 - Foreknowledge, Predestination and Election

Well Sean, how to answer you…keep in mind that I MIGHT be the most simple minded in comparison with most on this forum.

Useful methods to reveal my blind spots is first recognize my tendency/desire/temptation for THE BIBLE TO AGREE WITH ME and what I want it to say. Then put that away.

Start again. Put myself in the position of prayer and submission to the Lord and for me to agree with what the bible really does say. Look at other perspectives without fear and without knee jerk responses to defend MY cause.

Listen to those who are teachers and love the Lord Jesus and look closely to what the bible is actually saying. Giving much thought and asking for the Lord’s enlightenment to my understanding. How we build matters, and how we guard our hearts is hugely important.

2 Likes

@mitwit Those are really helpful thoughts :slight_smile: Thanks so much for sharing. Your point about knee jerk reactions really is true. When I start to feel my heart react impulsively against an idea, I know I need to take some time to both pray and think through the issue. Why am I reacting so strongly? What does an honest evaluation of the alternatives reveal? Good stuff!

1 Like