Did God have to allow sin?

If God was to create us free and enable us thereby to have maturity and dignity of responsible beings. He had to allow sin.
I have come across to this statement. Does God had to allow sin??? ?
Please clarify this in philosophical terms. I’m unable to frame the answer for the statement above.
Thankyou :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is a good question. God made man with the dignity of freedom to choose, which included the possibility to choose wrong. It’s best to just quote Ravi directly as a starting point…

I position the sequence of fact and deduction in the following way: Love is the supreme ethic. Where there is the possibility of love, there must be the reality of free will. Where there is the reality of free will, there will inevitably be the possibility of sin. Where there is sin, there is the need for a Savior. Where there is a Savior, there is the hope for redemption. Only in the Judeo-Christian worldview does this sequence find its total expression and answer. The story from sin to redemption is only in the gospel with the ultimate provision of a loving God.
(from https://www.rzim.org/read/just-thinking-magazine/think-again-deep-questions)

Also, you might find this video interesting to ponder; as it is Ravi’s response to an atheist scientist who asks the question about determinism.

Hope that’s a helpful starting point :slight_smile: - feel free to ask more questions and I’d be interested in others viewpoints as well…

5 Likes

Thank you for your response sir.
Actually I’ve been studying philosophy as a part of a competitive exam, I’ve come across this question.
Thank you for clarification.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad it was a little helpful. :slight_smile: That sounds very interesting - all the best with the competition and your studies.

2 Likes