Discuss: Face to Face with Ravi Zacharias and Tim Tebow

Hi friends, @Interested_In_Ask_RZIM, @Interested_in_TrendingQ,

On Friday, October 4th, from 7:30-9:30pm Eastern time, RZIM Connect will host a watch party for the free livestream of the first event in the new “Face to Face” series:

When was the last time you took part in an authentic, in-depth, face-to-face conversation? So often, it can feel like everything in our culture is set up to divide or to distract us. At a time when we have become quick to react and slow to listen, the Zacharias Institute is delighted to launch a new series, “Face To Face: Transparent Conversations In Challenging Times." Featuring an RZIM apologist in dialogue with a well-known leader from various spheres of cultural influence, our intention is to create a space where the most heartfelt questions of culture and of faith can be discussed in respectful and open conversation.

For our inaugural event, Ravi Zacharias will be joined by Tim Tebow for a night of sharing their stories, including challenges faced and lessons learned, hopes for the future, and insight into living as Christians in this day and age. We are excited to learn from the collective wisdom and experience of both keynote speakers, and we hope you will be able to join us at the Zacharias Institute on Friday, October 4, 2019 from 7:30 to 9:30pm.

Bookmark this page and make a plan to join the conversation in RZIM Connect!

We’ll have the livestream video available right here, in the community, and an active discussion with one another! You’ll also be able to add your questions for Ravi and Tim with this link and code: https://www.pigeonhole.at. Code: FACETOFACE

If you need to watch the livestream and participate after the event, you will be able to do so. :slight_smile:

For more information or to attend in person, please see RZIM’s website:
https://www.rzim.org/events/face-to-face/about-face-to-face

28 Likes

OH SNAP.
HUUUGE Tebow fan, despite what he did to my Buckeyes. What a team up! Definitely will tune in. May debate making the trip down to Alpharetta.

7 Likes

Wow! I thought I responded to this already. Although I was never a fan of Tebow’s as an athlete, I loved him showing his commitment to CHRIST on the platform he was on. As always I am always excited to hear Ravi talk! Looking forward to this!

4 Likes

Great question from @Vince_Vitale: When was the last time you had a deep, authentic, significant, vulnerable face to face conversation?

2 Likes

Another quote from Vince, something he heard someone say: “Ravi is able to reach people’s minds because he cares more about their hearts.” How can we show people that we care about their hearts?

From Tim Tebow: “I got to see the gospel [in my parents’ life] before I heard the gospel… it made such an impact on my life.”

7 Likes

The first thing that is striking me from this conversation is the impact Tim’s dad’s daily morning bible reading had on Tim. It is a spiritual battle to read the word each day.

4 Likes

@brianlalor As the father of a six year old, I’m definitely taking notes!
What a story!

5 Likes

Me too brother! I need to recommit to daily reading.

2 Likes

I’ve found the ‘secret’ is to have a plan to read the Bible every day. Decide in advance when you’ll do it and what you’ll read each day.

3 Likes

That is a fact. I will be most surprised to see myself there! It is amazing he uses broken vessels like us.

2 Likes

How freeing that we can openly admit that we don’t have it all together. Sometimes it seems like there is a culture or a pressure - or perhaps an internal heart desire - to present ourselves with omnipresent photo filters. But… to say we are a Christian is to acknowledge that we needed help, currently need help, and will always need help from God and others.

4 Likes

It is liberating to acknowledge that we need help.

3 Likes

Tim Tebow: “He’s going to turn that test into a testimony” ‘Our weaknesses are what connect us to others.’

2 Likes

Tebow: “Faith and bitterness can’t coexist…If I have faith for why I am here, I will trust God for why I am here, then I can’t be bitter about being here.”

1 Like

Ravi: If you start with a polemical response, the “I know better than you, you have no idea what you’re talking about” that’s often what you’ll get back. Conversation with dignity and respect is indispensable to evangelism. Usually when people turn against evangelism it is not about the message but the messenger.

1 Like

Tebow: Why should we let critics define our life? Only God has the right to define our life.

5 Likes

A face to face talk is not what we long for because it may expose our defect… @CarsonWeitnauer

But this is were God always show himself powerful. I am learning a lot… Am so glad to be here.

4 Likes

Ravi: “I’ve learned not to take praise or criticism too seriously. I’m grateful for the praise but I never take it too seriously…I have a weak back and a weak voice, two things I need to travel the globe and speak.”

2 Likes

I take criticism seriously if I know the person well who is giving it. Ravi.

3 Likes

I love how Ravi responds to critic…
Not responding to critics is a conscious and deliberate discipline… And is never easy… This is why we need the gift of Meekness.

In the pass I don’t sleep at night when I hear my critics but the longer I allow God work on me the more easier I handle criticism.

4 Likes