Discuss: Where are You, God? — Vince Vitale

Where are You God?

When life is just too much, where is God?

And how can He help?

Join Vince Vitale Wednesday, June 19, at 5:45–6:15 p.m. ET as he speaks on this topic at ReFresh: Ready for College.

5 Likes

Looking forward to this livestream event with Vince Vitale! It feels like yesterday I was getting ready to head to college, and experience some real independence in life. It was a time full of excitement and anticipation- as well as, a bit of uncertainty and anxiousness entering this new season of life.
My 20’s were such formative years in my faith- and I’m sure this talk with Vince will be edifying and helpful in this season of life for many.
I can just imagine it will also be applicable to life now, post college, too!
I hope many of you will join me for a great 30 minutes diving into the topic, “Where are You, God?”

2 Likes

Vince is talking about the burdens, pressure and stresses in life- compares it to a dam…the water keeps building up against the wall. It appears and looks fine even up to the last pound that would cause it to burst. Isn’t that a picture of us? Holding it together- appearing fine- until, we really are not fine.
How can we be present in our friends’ lives to know when their pressure and burdens are too much?
How can we encourage them in a way that points them to God?
How can we apply this to our lives as we handle life and the pressures we face?- in whichever season of life we find ourselves in.
Who is the One who can hold these burdens for us?

2 Likes

“Even if we know who …But, how do we cast our burden onto someone else?”
Such a great question Vince asks…
How do we give that burden to Jesus?
What a relief to give that to Him.
Asking for forgiveness- being vulnerable, and allowing that burden to pass to Him who can carry it all.

2 Likes

I really love these questions, and it’s something I hope others will comment on, as well. Listening and asking deeper questions has been a strategy. However, I must admit it’s really easy to get overwhelmed with weight. I hadn’t made the connection of forgiveness being a point of conversation before listening today. What a beautiful thought!

2 Likes

It’s such a huge blessing to be able to listen from my own home to people such as Vince, Ravi and others,my hunger for learning never stops!! God bless you all!! And thank you:slightly_smiling_face::netherlands::tulip::heartbeat:

3 Likes

I agree, Karen! @Karen3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right @Brittany_Bowman1 …that connection to bringing our burdens involves seeking forgiveness- I also thought that an interesting piece!

1 Like

@HeidiMitchell That makes two of us lol :kissing_closed_eyes::wink:

2 Likes