Discuss: Why We Still Believe in Santa

(Carson Weitnauer) #1

“I no longer believe in Santa and the Tooth-Fairy, so why still believe in God?”

In a culture where Christmas is often hi-jacked by consumerism and seemingly empty ritual, on this week’s podcast we discuss Santa, the origin of “Christmas trees,” and how authentic hope can be found this holiday season.

I look forward to your comments, insights, and questions!

To learn more, our website offers detailed information about the Ask Away podcast.

Is it two sides of the same coin?
(Whitney Bowman) #2

I greatly enjoyed this podcast, and have found much encouragement as I listen back through the Ask Away podcasts. I love Christmas, and it was really neat to journey through it with international classmates.

Perhaps somebody could help me understand this a bit better. How could something be right for one person, and the exact same thing be wrong for another? How do I separate this from the idea so prevalent in our modern culture of truth being relevant? And as a young Christian, I’d be very excited to learn from y’all how to practically discern which side these seemingly everyday things fall? I think of 1 Corinthians 10 where Paul talked about meat sacrificed to idols and of Satan testing Jesus in the wilderness and Jesus explaining that man shall not live on bread alone.