DNA Argument

Can anyone give some DNA argument, while we talking to our fellow atheist

1 Like

I’m not familiar with a succinct argument from DNA myself, but you might enjoy the video ‘Giving Up Darwin’ in this discussion. Josh has written a great summary and some questions to ponder.

The video contains references to so called ‘junk DNA’, and DNA as an information bearing system. It’s quite an interesting video and well worth a watch. I believe Stephen Meyer has written some books - one called ‘Signature in the Cell’ on this topic; and there is a number of YouTube videos that are available with Meyer taking on the topic.

1 Like

About two minutes into this video, Stephen Meyer addresses the DNA problem for Darwinists - it might give you some of the kind of info you’re looking for:

2 Likes

Thanks bro

Hello Jeshuren,

Can you elaborate on your question please? Are you looking for a DNA argument that points to God rather than a naturalistic explanation? And is your question directed towards abiogenesis or evolution of life?

The most profound DNA argument is its informational content. The best way to look at this might be to give materialists everything in the primordial Earth they need to synthesize every required biochemical (which is an impossible scenario), and we’ll even go further and admit the materialists can assemble all these biochemicals into exceedingly complex pre-cellular structures (e.g., ribosomes, membranes, organelles, etc.). And to give the materialists one final piece of the holy grail, allow all these pre-cellular structures to self-assemble into a cell (the cell is still not alive, but strict materialists don’t recognize “life” as an amaterialistic phenomena). The problem is that the DNA captured by the newly formed cell is not informationally coherent (i.e., the genetic code does not code for anything but is only random collections of codons that make junk). So, the first DNA informational problem is non-coherence of a genetic code. The second DNA informational problem that in all life, there is only, precisely, and exactly one genetic code (for prokaryotes, eukaryotes, fish, reptiles, mammals, etc.)—if life generated materialistically, there should be a plurality of genetic codes (no code is thermodynamically favored over another), but there is only one (a sure sign of intelligent agency).

There are many more arguments to be made from DNA, cellular structures, and biochemicals. I hope this helps.

1 Like