Do we need to sense God before we can serve God?

Good evening Jo and Vince. Thank you for your time.

Ravi stated in one of his “Leadership and Worship” series that we must first sense God before we can serve God. He did not elaborate on what he meant by “sense”. I struggle with this because I seem to experience more of an intellectual ascent of God but not as one person put it, “Jesus was more real to me than the flesh on my bones.” I question if I have become dull to the presence of God in my life, though He is all I ever think about. If I had to explain to someone else what its like to “sense” God I honestly would not know how to do so. What am I missing?

Thanks and God Bless!
Robert Fields

5 Likes

This is Robert again. Has there been a response to my question of needing to sense God before we can serve God?

I would truly appreciate some insight on the matter.

Thanks and God Bless!

Hi Robert,

This is just a quick note to say that we really appreciate your sincere and heartfelt question, and it is definitely one that we have ourselves wrestled with at different seasons of our lives. We are so glad to see Andrew’s response already, and really appreciate his encouragement to wait on the Lord, it’s one of our favorite Scriptures as well.

On account of the fact that your question is such an important one, and because we believe it’s a question that many people struggle with throughout their Christian lives, we don’t want to try and rush an answer in the very short amount of time that we have left this week. Instead, we would like to do an Ask Away podcast episode around your question, so that we can give it full consideration and a more in-depth response. We won’t be recording again for another couple of weeks, but we’d love to include it in the next batch of questions. Our apologies for the delay in responding to you, but hopefully we can give you a more robust answer once we do. We’ll be sure to let you know once we do!

In the meantime, we wanted you to know that we are praying for you today, that you might know that the Lord loves your consistent commitment and faithfulness to Him, and He delights in the way that you think on Him all the time. How beautiful and amazing it is that the same can be said of the way He thinks of you, that you are on His mind, and in His heart, all the time!

God bless you,

Jo

1 Like

Jo,

Thank you for your response and prayer. It means a lot. I look forward to hearing about this topic on Ask Away.

In the Book of Esther, correct me if I’m wrong, but there is actually no mention of “God” in any way as the One who worked out the circumstances. However, it is strongly implied. I see that in my life. I choose to give God the credit for all that occurs in my life but nothing overt or explicit. How would my witness be if my love for others was implicitly made know rather than explicitly? That’s the challenge I find myself in.

Thanks again and God Bless!
Robert

1 Like

Hi friends,

Here is the link to the Ask Away Podcast where this question was answered:

1 Like