Does the Bible talk about globalism or one world order?

(Arthur Tepichin) #1

Does the Bible talk about globalism or one world order?

I have seen lots of talk lately about globalism and wanted to be prepared to discuss the issue from a Biblical standpoint.

Some revelation verses that keep getting thrown my way:

Also it was allowed to make war on the saints and to conquer them. And authority was given it over every tribe and people and language and nation,
Revelation 13:7

so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name
Revelation 13:17

Any insight on this topic would be much appreciated

(Jimmy Sellers) #2

This is a short answer and by no means definitive but the one world government that comes to my mind is the Kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven. I know there is much room for discussion about what will happen between then and now, It will be interesting to hear from the rest of the community.

(SeanO) #3

@Tepichin The short answer is that there is not necessarily any connection between globalization and a one world government/order, though certainly God has used globalization to make Christ known among the nations. Some Christians believe that there is one anti-Christ who will come at the end of days and lead an anti-Christian world government. I do not personally ascribe to that view.

There are 2 significant periods of time spoken of when we talking about the ‘end of the age’:

1. Tribulation
  2. Millennium

Revelation 20:6 - Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

There are 4 main views of the tribulation and millennium. Each of these views believes that Jesus will one day return, but they disagree about what exactly the tribulation and the millennium mean.

The view you are describing, in which there will be a one world government led by the anti-Christ, is often referred to as ‘dispensational premillennialism’. In this view, the anti-Christ will reign over an evil government during the tribulation.

The other views agree that the evil one will always be persecuting the saints until the return of Christ, but they do not agree that there will necessarily be a one world government opposed to Christ (necessarily). That is a very high level view, but I provided a link from Steve Gregg’s book where he digs deeper into each view if you are interested.