Support RZIM Connect

Does time speaks the truth always?

Hello, Time always speak and always tells you the difference between past maturity and present maturity…Is this statement true? I want to know the answer according to “Word of Lord”.

3 Likes

Hello, @Pranjali_Massey. What an interesting question! For better understanding, may I ask what interests you so much in knowing what truth there is to this statement and how you think it affects/would affect your relationship with the Lord and/or others?

The first verse that comes to mind when reading this is Paul’s statement: “When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things” (1 Corinthians 13:11, New King James Version). Paul is using an analogy, but it still refers to growth in relation to the passage of time. Use of words such as “now” and “then” signal a passage of time in relation to the idea of knowing in part and knowing more fully, which, considering the context, certainly refers to maturity in the Lord through a fuller knowledge of Him at the time of “then.”

In another passage referring to maturity (or, rather, lack thereof) in relation to the passage of time and experience, the author rebukes the audience, stating “In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!” (Hebrews 5:12, New International Version). “By this time” suggests a passage of time for the audience and that there is some measurable difference in maturity between a previous time and “by this time,” though in a negative direction.

So the statement you bring up in your question is correct in its assumption of the fact of the relationship between time and maturity. However, I don’t think we should assume that the statement means that the present maturity is greater than the past, as many who read it might. The statement only speaks to the fact that the two are related–not how or in what direction. The rebuke in Hebrews proves that the passage of time may find people to be in a less spiritually mature state than they were before, and in my experience, there are many people who are twenty years elder than I who attempted to use their age as a credential for an ability to mentor when their lack of maturity and skill with the Word proved otherwise. Passage of time does not make a person wise or mature. It is our daily walk with the Lord and the deepening of our relationship with Him through prayer, worship, and fellowship based in the growing knowledge of His Word that grows us in maturity in Christ.

Thank you for your question. I hope this helps somewhat and that my answer is along the lines of what you were looking for. Let me know your thoughts!

5 Likes

Thanks alot Dear,
For answering the questions, it includes a deep meaning. I got to know so much about time and maturity and to learn how our walk should be with Lord. So amazed to see the way Lord has filled with his wisdom and knowledge.
God bless you :innocent:

4 Likes