Support RZIM Connect

Dr. Johnson. (Dr. J)

Say hello…
Hey Everyone!
Where are you from?
South Lyon, Michigan
What led you to join Connect?
I’m a University Professor in the College of Education at Eastern Michigan University
How do you hope to participate? Being a resource and listening ear

6 Likes

Welcome Elizabeth, :sunflower:

It is lovely to have here on Connect, the community here will certainly benefit from your wisdom, experience and listening ear.

Do you have an area of interest that you wish to
dive :diving_mask: into on connect.

What is your favorite part of being a University professor in the College of Education at Eastern Michigan? :tulip:

3 Likes

Hi Elizabeth and welcome to Connect :slightly_smiling_face:. I hope that you enjoy interacting with the community and please feel free to start or join a discussion.

God bless

2 Likes

Welcome to connect @Elizabeth_K_Johnson. It is good to have another michigander joining our ranks. IM in East Lansing. I hope that you enjoy the discussions here and that your faith is edified as a result. Please participate when you were able. Your encouragement of other members as well as your sage advice is welcome. And God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

Good Morning Roseann,:grinning:
Thank you Dear Sister in Christ for reaching out to me. I was elated to receive your message this morning. My first order of operation is to figure out how to negotiate RZIM Connect regarding the full scope of what is within this amazing resource! LOL Second, my first area of interest is with young adults and coming alongside them. My calling is that of a teacher who greatly believes that our youth are amazing leaders and possess a keen eye and zealous heart for equity void of judgment. They seek to understand wonderfully! In my 48 years as a high school teacher and as a professor for 26 of those years, I have never lectured. My role is to model the heart of Christ and empower each young adult to engage in learning and doing tasks that will showcase their passions and gifts. All of my assessments in my teaching are student driven, authentic tasks and products. I LOVE YOUNG ADULTS! They are my world!

I’m currently on the Women’s Leadership Team in my church in Novi, Michigan (Oak Pointe Church) and conduct workshops for intergenerational women. Again, all of my workshops are highly engaging and interactive. I wear costumes and use puppets and other artifacts that are fun and engaging.

I desire to be a role model for Jesus, void of judgment, and to be led by the Holy Spirit. I would appreciate any thoughts or advice that you could offer me in how I could be of service on Connect.

In Him . . . ALWAYS!

Elizabeth

1 Like

Thank you Brian! I am so thrilled to join in. I am in the process of learning how to negotiate RZIM Connect. Is there a tool or assistive means that would allow me to see the many ways of connecting within this wonderful group? Just to give you a little background about myself . . .
My first area of interest is with young adults and coming alongside them. My calling is/has been that of a teacher who greatly believes that our youth are amazing leaders and possess a keen eye and zealous heart for equity void of judgment. They seek to understand wonderfully! In my 48 years as a high school teacher and as a professor for 26 of those years, I have never lectured. My role is to model the heart of Christ and empower each young adult to engage in learning and doing tasks that will showcase their passions and gifts. All of my assessments in my teaching are student driven, authentic tasks and products. I LOVE YOUNG ADULTS! They are my world!

I’m currently on the Women’s Leadership Team in my church in Novi, Michigan (Oak Pointe Church) and conduct workshops for intergenerational women. Again, all of my workshops are highly engaging and interactive. I wear costumes and use puppets and other artifacts that are fun and engaging.

I desire to be a role model for Jesus, void of judgment, and to be led by the Holy Spirit. I would appreciate any thoughts or advice that you could offer me in how I could be of service on Connect.

In Him . . . ALWAYS!

Elizabeth

2 Likes

Good Morning Kel and I so appreciated your message. It states that you are an “Academy Alum”. What does that mean? I’m a beginner in using the “RZIM Connect” site and am trying to figure out how to negotiate and locate all that is available.
It is a pleasure and joy to communicate with you!
Elizabeth

1 Like

Hi Elizabeth, :cherry_blossom:

Thank you for your delightful response, you sound like a spontaneous, dedicated teacher, full of creativity and personality. Because of your desire for people and knowledge, I wish to provide a few links :link: based on some of the statements you mentioned.

I shall start by answering a question you asked @Keldon_Scott.

It refers to people who have gone through & completed The RZIM Academy’s Core Module.
RZIM created an academy a few years ago, it has spread to over 137 countries, and is a huge success.

The main course is called The Core Module, after you complete this 12 week course, a world :earth_americas: of relevant and exciting electives is open to you, if you choose to continue.
I believe one of my favorite aspects was the ability to interact with people from the UK :uk:, the Philippines, Shanghai :cn:, South Africa :south_africa:, along with various people from US :us:, etc.

Here is a quick video by Ravi Zacharias to explain The RZIM Academy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrmVebMH-DY

This is a link to the RZIM Courses, which I believe Kel has taken all 9, (over Achiever that one, lol)
I have a few more to take to be as wise as @Keldon_Scott :laughing: :joy:
https://www.rzim.org/training/rzim-academy/courses

Next order of discussion will be to help you navigate Connect, again I will yield to Ravi for a brief Welcome Video Welcome From Ravi Zacharias!

We have many groups for you to explore, here is a link to those as well from @CarsonWeitnauer

Now, you mentioned,

We have a program designed strictly for upper H.S. students, 11 & 12 grades to be precise. This program was develop by RZIM and is run by a delightfully lovely lady, Dr. Angie Bauman.

This course is divided into 6 Units, 1-3 for the first semester, 4-6 for the second.
Currently Units 1-3 are available.
The course has Lesson plans, notes that coincide with videos from RZIM speakers and a resource page to further solidify a particular topic.
It contains Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs), Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs), Assessment of Student Achievements of CLOs, Course projects, classroom discussions, discussions questions and teacher notes.
If you would like to know more about this program, feel free to message me. :tulip:

Based on your declaration about young adults, whom I think are rather phenomenal, RZIM has an upcoming event just for them and it is at no cost to them. If you know of any young adults that fall into this category, please encourage them to register. It is called Refresh 2020 and here are the details…

Thank you for loving and pursuing Jesus for yourself and those around you!!

If you have any questions, please message me and I will be happy to assist you any way I can. :tulip:

3 Likes

Thank you for handling the response.

1 Like

I am glad that you are enjoying the connection. Keep it up. I see that your question has already been answered. If you have any others please do not hesitate to ask. God-bless you.

1 Like

Roseann,
Good Morning Roseann,

I hope you are doing well. Thank you for corresponding with me and in being assistive. You asked me what areas of interests that I have. I have many! LOL. I am attaching my curriculum vitae/resume to get a sense of how you feel I might best be of service to a particular group within RZIM. I appreciate your caring and responses back to me. I am excited about the potential in coming alongside any groups/leaders who may have a need that falls within my skill-sets. I am “not” looking for employment, rather how I can be of service in the body of Christ.

In Him . . . Fervently!!

Elizabeth

Curriculum Vitae (Partial) 2020 (1).docx (229 KB)

2 Likes

Welcome to RZIM Connect Elizabeth! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I appreciate you reaching out to me.
Elizabeth :slight_smile:

1 Like