Duffer

(Michelle M. Halcomb) #1

Hi there! I’m from Minnesota but I now live in Florida, USA. I am a health care professional who loves to discover why people believe the way they do. I was raised in a Catholic household in a solid family, but I always wondered if I would go to heaven. My traditional faith never told me I could be sure, but friends of another faith (Evangelical Christians as it turned out) told me I could be sure. It was only when they showed me what God’s word said that I began to really read the Bible for myself and see that it was true! So I trusted Christ for the first time in 1986 and I’ve been a voracious Bible reader since then. I love to discover new things about God’s word and what it means, and to engage others in conversations about what they believe.
There is so much misinformation out there about God and the Bible, that I am careful to whom I listen. RZIM has been solid from day one and I listen their podcasts every day. I heard about Connect on the podcast and decided to check it out.
I hope to be a compassionate listener and caring contributor, although I see myself less as a contributor and more of an observer. I tend to just read and contemplate. I am currently and have in the past engaged several people around me in spiritual conversations. It’s exciting and challenging! It helps me to think about asking questions that will reveal the other person’s worldview and emotional hindrances to faith. I love it! I also need encouragement that sometimes what I say and do may or may not move that person along towards Christ. The road can get long and lonely sometimes. I do love getting to know people and I value genuine relationships.

(SeanO) #2

@Duffer Welcome to Connect! Praise the Lord for His work in your life. I want to encourage you that when we plant seeds in Jesus’ name they are not planted in vain! One person sows, one waters, one reaps and God gives the increase :slight_smile: Looking forward to hearing more of your story. See you on the forums.

(Lakshmi Mehta) #3

@Duffer, I am so encouraged to hear your story and your outlook toward others in understanding where they are on their faith journey. I think you will have much to add that this community could glean from. Welcome and God bless!

(Tim Ramey) #4

Michelle, I was so touched by your post. I couldn’t agree with your quote above more! Jesus is about relationships - starting with the Lord and with others. You’ll find many in this group who are so genuine and loving.

I have to add that you left Minnesota for Florida but I am a Minnesotan. My wife Nancy and I live in Grand Marais which is in northern Minnesota.

May you find your time here to be one that will touch your life and love for the Lord.