Ed Tuttle

Hello! I am a very happily married father of 4 daughters living in Connecticut. While my professional career has been as a graphic designer and illustrator for 40 years, I have devoted my life to the study and teaching of the Scriptures in a variety of settings. I am currently a participant in the Charter Oak Leadership Group, my hope being to explore how I can build bridges between the Church and Politics/Government. I have also, of late, been engaging people online politically, not to win arguments, but to try to be a calm, level headed voice. While I have been the recipient of much vitriol, I have also received many comments from people who have been encouraged my my engagement. It is a great way to practice 2 Timothy 4:2.

8 Likes

Welcome to RZIM Connect @etuttle.

We are glad you joined! May the LORD continue to bless you as you endeavor to serve Him and your community of influence.
Philippians 1:9-11

3 Likes

Welcome @etuttle,
Politics, apologetics and God. An interesting mix. The Bible does say a bit to the kings of Israel. And about living under kings in general. Although we don’t have a king, principles are principles that can be applied to various situations. I step back. I think I am “preaching to the pastor”. I look forward to seeing your posts and perspective.
-Bobb

2 Likes

Hello, Edward! I was born in New London and our family has driven through Connecticut many times shuttling between Pennsylvania and New Hampshire. It is a beautiful state! I, too, am trying gently to persuade people in the area of politics. I hope to be a unifying force within the Church. That is kind of tough nowadays. I look forward to interacting with you on Connect!

2 Likes

Thank you. I noticed that you are one of sixteen. My best and lifelong friend is one of thirteen. Never thought I would meet someone who had him beat! Blessings to you and your family.

3 Likes

Thank you, @blbossard. I’m finding the interaction is a great discipline for me. I have been greatly encouraged by the comments from others who are following any of these conversations. I have to continually remind myself I am engaging people, not ideas. Don’t give up.

4 Likes

Thanks, Bobb. No need to step back. Any reply on this forum is a breath of fresh air to some of the “dialogs” I’ve had on Facebook!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @etuttle. Thanks for being with us. It sounds like you have had a great deal of experience. That is a welcome talent for this forum. Thank you. God bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Thanks Keldon. Looking forward to all that I can learn from the Connect crew.

2 Likes

That is super cool! It is definitely quite an adventure, and a good one at that! No matter the size, when Christ is the head and center of a home, the warmth it brings and the bright glow it sends forth is worth it all! We definitely have a long journey ahead of us for sure :fearful: :smile: but our God is faithful.

2 Likes

Welcome Ed!

Always great to great a fellow illustrator! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow… that’s a first! Rarely meet a fellow artist in forums like this. I became a Colson Fellow a few years back and was told that I was the only professional artist that had been part of the program.

2 Likes

I know, right? Interestingly enough the company I work at has two fellow illustrators who are believers as well. But prior to this job, I’d have to go back to the '90s for other people I knew who were both believers and illustrators. It’s nice to know there’s more of us. :slight_smile: Disclaimer we all work as UX designers. Welcome again Ed!

2 Likes