Emanuela L

Hello,
My name is Emanuela, I live in Texas. I wanted to be part of RZIM connect because I know that the counsel of many is recommended, and we strive tp learn more and more every day.

Having said that I already have a subject that I am wrestling with.
My local church start doing a campaign called: What’s after ATX? What happens after we die? Because of advances in medicine and science, we’ve had more and more people coming back to life after being clinically dead. And during the sermon he televised different people’s testimony about near death experience. Somehow I could not find enough informations about this, but the subject did not sit well with me. Starting from the passage with Thomas: “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” the whole subject seems doctrinally wrong.
I need some help!

4 Likes

Welcome to Connect, Emanuela. “What happens after we die” is indeed a complex issue. It’s interesting that your local church is addressing it. There’s been some discussion on the Connect forums:

Does this help you? If you would like to start a discussion yourself, you can move your question to the category Daily Evangelism or Bible Questions. There it will reach a wider audience. Wish you God’s blessing.

4 Likes

Welcome, Emanuela!

3 Likes

Welcome Emanuela, yes wisdom truly abides in a multitude of counslors. It is great to meet you, and connect about your questions and many others we will encounter. Look forward to your Q&A.
Mike

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @emaleon. Glad you have joined us at connect. I hope that the answers to your questions and your engagement is a blessing to you. @iDan had good references for you. What I love about the proofs of the resurrection of Jesus Christ is that we know life exists after death based upon his experiences. We also know that he raised others from the confines of death. So we have hope in moving forward that eternal life is something that is real and possible. PTL. Please explore and engage. God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

@emaleon Nice to meet you! Are you still searching for additional answers to your question? If so, would you consider posting your question in one of the categories? Just because, in one of the categories your question might get more exposure and perhaps it may get additional responses.

2 Likes

Hi @emaleon it’s great to have you here, welcome. I see you have taken the advice to post your question in the categories. That will give the topic way more exposure and you will soon find some very insightful responses, I’m sure :slightly_smiling_face: I think it is a great topic and I look forward to reading the responses. Thank you for posting it!

1 Like

Thank you Sig, I am really glad to be here among godly people! God bless you

1 Like