Episode 2- A Lawyer's Case for the Resurrection Part 1

This is part 1 of the episodic series on the resurrection of Christ. Abdu explains the differences between “circumstantial evidence” and “direct evidence." It includes an introduction of Abdu’s “CASE” acronym in which we will hear about “C” and “A” as he sets out four key facts about the historical Jesus that the vast majority of scholars agree on. Abdu argues that Jesus’ resurrection from the dead best explains the facts.

Abdu’s point that the disciples acted on their eye witness account is powerful!

How does your witness create evidence for the power of Christ in your life?

6 Likes

I am a late-comer so is it possible I missed the discussion on this podcast? If so, could I be directed to the discussion. There has to be some talk as this presentation was terrific.

Abdu mentions J Warner Wallace and if you have not heard him before, check him out as he has powerful talks. One that was super was a couple hours in length but so enlightening.

But back to Abdu’s podcast, I so appreciated his discussion on direct and circumstantial evidence. In regard to the CA in the acronym CASE, I have heard it before but he packaged it well and brought up some more points that I was not aware of.

I feel so grateful that I can listen to this professional presentation. How fortunate I am to hear this brilliant lawyer lay out the systematically the case for Jesus and His resurrection. I’m hesitant to get into things because there has to be a discussion that I’m not aware of out there.

3 Likes

@Tim_Ramey, you’re not late. This is where the discussion is “happening,” but I’ve been so busy figuring out how to teach music online that I haven’t had a chance to jump on. If you have thoughts or questions about the podcast, please post them and start the discussion.

3 Likes

We are excited to have Abdu’s podcast here! He just launched it this month, so traction will pick up I’m sure. But as Jennifer pointed out, please feel free to start a discussion!

3 Likes

Jennifer, to hear others thoughts and questions on this stimulating discussion would be further stimulating.

I think the mention of the crucifixion is huge because it was the worst, most torturous way to die but it also signified those were accursed of God! Jesus died in the most horrible way imaginable, while yet bearing our sins with the stigma of being accursed by God. Oh Jesus, thank you for what you went through for me…

2 Likes