Even though I may have messed up in my life, can God still turn that around and make use of that in his plan?

(Vili) #1

Hi @SeanO

Sorry if this is a late response, but I need to ask the following personal question: Even though I may have messed up in my life, can God still turn that around and make use of that in his plan?

5 Likes
Serving the Army
(SeanO) #2

@AlphaOmega Of course! We’ve all messed up - every one of us. When we accept Jesus we become new creations - completely new! - and God says in His Word that He has work prepared for all of those who have been created anew in Christ Jesus. We’ve all been broken - we’ve all sinned - but God makes us new, washes us clean, and uses us for His Kingdom.

Ephesians 2:10 - For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Titus 3:3-7 - At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

8 Likes
(Stephen Wuest) #3

Look what God did with the royal screwup, the young man Saul. The redeemed Paul wrote 60% of the New Testament.

2 Likes
(Andrea L) #4

Hi @AlphaOmega, sure He can :wink: I messed up mine quite a while back and for me the lyrics of the song Reckless love were absolutely true. God left the 99 for me. He had to push me quite hard to raise my attention, which was painful for me, but even though I had left Him, He has never ever turned away from me and neither from you.

2 Likes
(C Rhodes) #5

Absolutely, undeniably, unavoidably so!!! Don’t worry what that may look like. Just wait on it and accept the gift!

2 Likes
(Sieglinde) #6

AMEN!!! I love that song. The live version is wonderful!

(Martin Pitts) #7

@AlphaOmega my personal testimony follows this very thing. I got saved at 11, but by the age of 16 (5 days before I turned 17 actually) I became a father. I had ran from God during those 6 years, and thought I had absolutely messed everything up for my future. But God turned that all around. She’s now 9 years old, and He has used her to bring me out of a lot of dark places as well as bringing me a lot closer to Him. We have a choice when we mess things up, to keep going down the road we’re on or to turn to Him and seek His help. I know because I chose to turn around and return to Him that He was able to restore me and use me as He sees fit. Hope that helps to encourage you.

2 Likes