Exciting news: 25% off all 2019 RZIM Academy courses!

(Brian Weeks) #1

Hi friends of RZIM!

As many of you already know, the RZIM Academy is RZIM’s online evangelistic apologetics school. For those who aren’t yet familiar with it, the RZIM Academy, inspired by RZIM’s Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics, is where students from around the world can come together to become more effective at sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with those around them.

Each course offers lectures from RZIM speakers, pre-typed lecture notes, quizzes, assignments, and a discussion forum that enables you to further your learning by engaging with your fellow classmates from around the world. The classes generally run from eight to twelve weeks and can be taken at your own pace.

As apologists, it can be tempting to answer a question without seeking to answer the questioner behind the question. This is one of the main aims of each of the courses we offer. And one of the ways the Academy seeks to accomplish this is by helping us become better at asking good questions that can help us better answer both the head and the heart.

And, for those who complete the course they enroll in, we offer ongoing, unlimited access to all of the lectures from that course for free over in the Alumni section here on Connect.

Today, I am pleased to announce the RZIM Academy is offering a rare 25% off discount on any of our 2019 courses! Just use the code 2019NEWYEAR25. This code expires on 15 January 2019.

You can learn more about the courses we offer and our 2019 schedule here: http://rzimacademy.org/courses/core-module/

Some of the biggest news within the Academy is our recent launch of our latest elective titled, What Does It Mean To Be Human? Other electives include:

Doctrine
Islam
Bible
Engaging the Modern World
Why Suffering?
Science

If this might be something you’re interested in, if you have any questions about our courses, or if there’s anything else I can help with, just let me know and I’ll be delighted to help.

Thanks and we hope to see you soon!

Christian Denominations of the RZIM team
(Carson Weitnauer) #2

(Brian Weeks) #3

Our elective on doctrine, titled Faith Seeking Understanding, begins tomorrow and there are still some spots left. We consistently get feedback from both those newer to studying doctrine as well as those with experience that this course has helped them better understand the foundational doctrines of the Christian faith.

For those who have completed the Core Module, you’re eligible to take this elective. And, if you haven’t yet taken this course, this might be a good time to consider enrolling in light of the current 25% off discount.

To register: https://courses.rzimacademy.org/lms/index.php?r=course/deeplink&course_id=1843&generated_by=20653&hash=f182ad013948789e32f17d28d4d1b6255a76eb78

If you have any questions, please let me know and I’ll be happy to help!

Here’s an outline of the lectures:

Week 1
Lecture 1.1: Why Doctrine Matters
Lecture 1.2: Coming to Know God – Revelation as God’s Story

Week 2
Lecture 2.1: A God Who Speaks, Part 1 – The Doctrine of Creation
Lecture 2.2: A God Who Speaks, Part 2 – The Doctrine of Scripture

Week 3
Lecture 3.1: God as Divine Community – The Doctrine of the Trinity
Lecture 3.2: The Father and the Creation of Humanity

Week 4
Lecture 4.1: The Son and the Need of Humanity
Lecture 4.2: The Spirit and the Restoration of Humanity

Week 5
Lecture 5.1: Jesus Christ – The Doctrine of the Incarnation
Lecture 5.2: The Lamb Who Was Slain – The Doctrine of the Atonement

Week 6
Lecture 6.1: The Holy Spirit in Christian Life
Lecture 6.2: The Ministry of the Holy Spirit

Week 7
Lecture 7.1: The Giving Gift of the Holy Spirit – Part 1
Lecture 7.2: The Giving Gift of the Holy Spirit – Part 2

Week 8
Lecture 8.1: The Confessing Community – Creeds, Doctrine, Liturgy, Storytelling
Lecture 8.2: The Invitation of the New Community – Having Hope in the End of the Story

You can find out more about the Faith Seeking Understanding elective here: http://rzimacademy.org/courses/faith-seeking-understanding-elective/

(Sharon Full) #4

Hi Brian!

Good to see you again. I have been so busy, but plan to take the course in March on what it means to be human. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Blessings,
Sharon Full

(Brian Weeks) #5

Sharon! It’s good to hear from you! That’s great to hear you’ll be taking the What Does It Mean To Be Human elective in March. I’ll see you then!