Finny

Say hello…Hello :slight_smile:

Where are you from? I am from Kerala, India.

What led you to join Connect? I recently met Dr. Ravi and Dr. Sanj at a meeting in Trivandrum and Dr. Sanj mentioned to me about this group. Just wanted to check it out. I grew up in a Christian home, later turned to be a so called atheist during my late teens/early adulthood. God has miraculously led me back home, and Dr. Ravi’s sermons triggered the come back. I still have questions, although they are not thorny as it used to be when I was in rebellion. Just intellectual curiosity. Hopefully I feel satiated here.

How do you hope to contribute? By asking questions and answering questions which I had and for which God has given me answers.

7 Likes

Welcome finny…keralathil evidya :blush:

4 Likes

Hi Finny! @Finny_Joy
Welcome to Connect- so glad you’ve joined us :relaxed:

So neat that you met Dr. Ravi and Dr. Sanj! I’m glad that you heard about this group, and that you came to check things out. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how warm and supportive an online community can be!

There are many here who would love to engage in conversation. There are helpful apologists with excellent helps and resources to offer as we wrestle through certain topics in scripture.

So glad to hear you are on the “intellectual curiosity” side of things now…instead of the “thorny questions”. I love your descriptions! Makes total sense.

I also love that you hope to “feel satiated” here- I do believe you will find yourself reading non stop at first! :blush: It’s amazing once you see the many categories and topics being discussed.

Feel free to chime in with thoughts and/or questions as you feel led!

4 Likes

Hi @Finny_Joy, welcome :pray:t3: This ministry is profound and meeting Ravi was one of the highlights in my life. I am so thankful God wooed you back. We all rebell in different ways at times. The older I get, the more I see the need for Jesus in this world, in our hearts. I pray you will stick around, asking your questions, and offering your thoughts as well. If you don’t mind my asking, what was the major stumbling block in your teens that drove you to atheism?
Enjoy browsing :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@sig I would say my former church and my brain which is (still) guilty of over thinking.

3 Likes

Thank You Heidi. I used to live in PA, did my masters from PennState and used to live in York, PA.

3 Likes

Trivandrum…What about you?

2 Likes

Hi @Finny_Joy,

I’m so glad you had some time with Ravi and @Sanj_Kalra. You can see a Q&A that he did here: Ask Sanj Kalra (April 15-19, 2019)

In the meantime, please do ask your questions. We consider every questioner and every question to be a gift because it prompts us to love, to pray, to study, and to consider how to be of the most help in return. It is also a gift to everyone else with the same question who then comes to the community and reads through the conversation that has taken place - and perhaps adds their perspective.

A warm welcome to you!

4 Likes

Thrissur

1 Like