Forgiveness and prayer

It came to me while reading Mark 11:25-26 that we often overlook a very important key in our prayers and that key is forgiveness of others (cleansing our heart) BEFORE we talk to Father. This key to prayer is also stated in the Lords Prayer - ***“forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors”***. Forgiveness is not an easy thing to do but it it is a requirement of prayer. and perhaps the true test of a Christian. as Yeshua said “Love God and Love each-other” and all else will fall into place.A prayer without forgiveness doesn’t make it past the ceiling. .

4 Likes

Well said Jack, I think Luke 6:38 in context, with what you have wrote about that passage make a strong statement that forgiveness is a crucial foundation in Christianity and our walk with Christ. We could say that Jesus words that “my Father always hears me” ties in to His unconditional forgiveness. What do you think?
Mike

1 Like

I think we live in a battleground world where Love and Forgiveness are at war with a delusional cabaret. We know we should keep watch over Love and Forgive but as Yeshua noted; while the Spirit in us is willing, the material/flesh in us is weak We need a wake-up call to duty. We are all in this together - Leave no one behind!

I heard a complete teaching on the Lord’s Prayer not long ago. The pastor asked the question: Do you really want God to “forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors”? The Church went pretty silent. That is an incredibly profound question.

2 Likes

Amen to that Jack
“delusional cabaret”
Have you read C S Lewis Screw tape letters? His take on our war against the spirit realm v natural understanding.
Also do you think this is applicable
Love is good hate is bad, forgiveness is good unforgiveness is bad, and detrimental to peace of mind and heart. In our broken world it is hard to Keep our mind on Christ who is our perfect peace. Being at peace with our fellow brothers and sisters is important even though we all have disagreements and differences of opinion.
???
Mike