Four basic worldviews

What is the basic worldview I am missing out of the four: there is theism, eastern, secular-humanism, and ?

Hi, @Michael_Fitzgerald! I think it all depends on who you ask. :slight_smile:

Tom Price, senior tutor at the Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics, teaches that, very generally, there are 3 major worldviews as relates to the nature of the universe, similar to what you listed:

1. theism – includes monotheistic and polytheistic religions, which believe that God/gods are separate from the universe
  2. monism – the more ‘eastern’ philosophies…‘the universe is one’
  3. naturalism/materialism – the atheistic perspectives…nothing exists ‘outside the box’ of our universe

So it sounds like you’re on the right track! Any particular reason you were trying to recall that information? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you, Kathleen. Yes, I am part of a private group on facebook called Apologetics where we share different approaches to 1 Peter 3:15. We have all kinds of scholars, priests, ministers, and others from all walks of life who are interested in being able to “give an answer for the hope that is in you”. I thought Ravi had mentioned four basic views, but I have a good “forgettery”. We also have another group called Worldview where less than civil debates can occur. This group even has a moderator who says he is a “former believer”. Appreciate your feedback.

2 Likes