Freda McMahon

Hi everyone!
I live in a small village in North Goa with my husband and daughter.
I found the topics being covered particularly relevant for the current scenario and hence I am here.
Looking forward to growing together with you all, as we ask questions and study the Scripture for answers.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @freda. I was not familiar with North Goa until I looked it up. It is good to have you joining us from India. What do you think is the most relevant question of the day? I hope you enjoy the discussions. God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

Hi Freda, welcome to Connect! I am so grateful for this global community where we can bring our differences together as we center on the Scriptures to guide us through these uncertain times.

I look forward to learning from you and engaging with any questions you bring to the community.

2 Likes

Hello Freda, welcome to the connect community it is great to have you here. Which topic captured your interest the most? There is much more than I saw in my initial look se what connect is all about. When i dug around i found another level of hope and love, that keeps me sharing. Be safe and take care .
Mike

2 Likes

Welcome, Freda - your name suggests that you moved to India from somewhere in the west - are you a missionary?

2 Likes

Hi there!
I am named Freda after my grandmother who was very much an Indian with a very western name!
I was born in Vancouver though while my parents were studying at Regent College, but they moved back to India when I was just three months old (And hence I am a Canadian citizen). I went back to Canada for my grad and post grad and am now back in India :slight_smile:
Thanks for the question. Gave me something to think about!

3 Likes

Thank you for the welcome, Mike.
What stood out to me most was the fact that God is more interested in our relationship with Him than our physical health. How easy it is to get comfortable with our lives here and lose sight of eternity!

3 Likes

Thanks, Carson!

2 Likes

Hi Keldon,
What do I think is the most relevant question of the day?! The question on my mind for myself is whether I am handing out the bread that has been handed to us. I’m forgetting who said… . he is just a beggar, telling another beggar from where he got food… Jesus alone satisfies the ache of the heart.

4 Likes

@freda Hello! I remember playing a video game decades ago where I captained imaginary sailing ships all over the world. One of my favorite stops along the road to the Pacific was Goa. I do not remember why; I think it had something to do with some merchandise that I could purchase there and sell for a good profit. Maybe silk? At any rate, I remembered where Goa is because I played that video game!

But more importantly, welcome from across the world!

1 Like