Fruit of Christian life and Fruit of Holy Spirit

Hi Friends,

First of all, Thanks to all. It’s such a blessing to be in RZIM connect to know many views and learn bible in discussions. I believe learning anything in discussions and/or group study gives more results than self diagnose.

I want to hear your views and perspectives about what is the fruit of Christian life? Is it the same that Fruit of the Holy Spirit? As christians I know that we should bear the fruit of Holy Spirit. Or winning souls is the fruit of the Christian life.

You thoughts please.

Thanks

God bless

4 Likes

In military terms our marching orders from our Commander of the armies of the living God.

Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28:18‭-‬20 NLT

One of many tools God provides.

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
Galatians 5:22‭-‬23 NLT

We all have these fruits in varying degrees of maturity, readiness to eat if you know what I mean.

I partook of the ripe fruit I saw and found out it was Jesus in them who was the fruit that I admired.

His fruits in us are the food people see that draws them to Jesus.

Other than Jesus I have not met a perfect in all fruits someone with the fruits of the Spirit.

These fruits are pleasing to the eye because they are rare and lost souls will desire them.

Fruits draw people to us and we show them it’s not us its Jesus in us.
Hope that helps
Mike

2 Likes

@Pavanteki Great question :slight_smile: I would summarize the Bible’s teaching this way: All Christians display the fruit of the Spirit in their lives, but not all Christians have the same role in God’s Kingdom.

We are not all evangelists, but God has given us all work to do in this life. We will not all lead many people to Christ, but we are all a part of the body of Christ. We all share Christ in word and deed, but we are used by God in different ways in His Church.

Christ grant you wisdom and fill you with His Spirit more each day!

Ephesians 2:10 - For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Romans 12:3-8 - For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

2 Likes

Your question seems to ask whether the fruit of the Christian life and the fruit of the Spirit are one and the same. Well, since the Holy Spirit’s work is to conform your life to the model of Christ, then yes - the fruit of a Christian’s life is simply the outworking of the Spirit inside him (Philippians 2:13).

I agree with @SeanO that all Christians bear fruit - any branch that doesn’t is cast into the fire. Some may bear 30-fold, some 60, some 100, but they all bear some measure of fruit. That’s the whole point of the parable of the sower - Christians are good ground, not thorny or stony hearts.

And there are many things that the Bible mentions as fruit. As @mgaplus4 noted, one fruit of a Christian is other Christians. When Paul told the Romans in 1:13 that he wanted to have fruit among them as in other places, he was meaning converted souls. In John 4:36, Jesus described the Samaritan harvest that was beginning as “gathering fruit unto life eternal.” And while we may not all be as effective in evangelizing the lost as others, every genuine Christian has an earnest desire to see the lost saved from hell and does what he can to plant the seed, or water it, or participate in the harvest. And all who contribute to another’s salvation participate in the reward (I Corinthians 3:6-8).

All Christians are witnesses for Christ (Acts 1:8). Whether you’ll be a witness isn’t the issue - what kind of witness you are is. The moment others know you’re a Christian, you are immediately under the world’s microscope. And what they see in your life will either challenge their unbelief or justify it to themselves.

And as you yourself mentioned, the fruit of the Spirit mentioned in Galatians 5:22-23 lists nine characteristics - but it has an open ended finish - against “such” there is no law. That word “such” means the descriptions aren’t really limited to the nine alone, but all “such” virtues describe the fruit of the Spirit.

There are many other things in the Bible that are called fruit - but I’ve often said that you could just sum it all up as “anything that’s different about your life (or those you’ve influenced) because of Jesus Christ”. That’s the fruit of the Holy Spirit in your life. The difference between where you are now, and where you would be if you had never come to Christ - all of that is the fruit that the Spirit has produced in your life so far.

1 Like

Thanks James.

1 Like

Thanks Sean.

1 Like

Thanks Mike

2 Likes