Funmi

Say hello… Hello,

Where are you calling from: I am connecting from Canada.

What led you to join Connect? I heard about Sir Ravi’s passing on and want to give my respect.

How do you hope to contribute?I want to thank God for his life. Ravi’s life and ministries influenced me when things were tough. I thank God for his steadfastness. He deserves the rest. I pray strength for Maggie, children and ministries and all of us.

5 Likes

Welcome to connect @Funmi. Your tribute is very appreciated. It is encouraging to hear from people all over the world how this ministry has impacted them. I hope that you are able to explore this forum and a delve into some discussions that edify your faith path. Or if you would be so kind as to offer a word of encouragement to a new member or befriend someone here your tribute to the ministry would be perpetuated. God-bless you and your journey.

1 Like

Greetings @Funmi I, along with many others, welcome you into the Connect community. We are grateful you have joined us.

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words to Ravi’s wife and family during this time. They are very appreciative.

We would love the opportunity to get to know more about you and how the Lord used Ravi’s life to impact yours. I invite you to browse this forum when you have time. If you would like to start a discussion about something of interest to you, ask a question to this community or use the search engine :mag: (top right side of page) to investigate further, please feel free to do so.

If we can serve you in any way, please let us know.

Thank you again for your post,
Mary Beth

3 Likes

Thank you for the encouraging response. God bless.

1 Like

Thank you so much for giving me a warm welcome at a time like this. I pray for the continuous presence of the Holy Spirit with Margie and everyone close to Ravi. I can not the story he shared about a woman who forgave her husband and helped the girl he cheated with along with her children. I learned forgiveness from it at a very needy time in my life. I know God has prepared others to continue what Ravi started. I pray I be faithful like he was. He showed God’s love in a practical intelligent way. God bless him even as he rests. One of God’s generals, gone home to rest.

2 Likes

Hello @Funmi Thank you for the mention of that story from Ravi. I have not heard that one before but I will have to look it up. Was it in one of his books or on a vdeo?

God is faithful to give us examples of how others have overcome the very struggle we are walking through in our own life. That has certainly been the case in mine. Thank you for sharing that.

I mean it when I say, we would love to get to know you and learn more about how the Lord is working in your life. We hope to hear from you and dialogue further.

Grace and peace in the journey,
Mary Beth

2 Likes

Hello Beth,
Apologies for responding late. I am a nurse, I work odd hours. The story was in an audio message. I can’t remember the title. But the aspect where the wife had to forgive the husband for cheating on her and abandoning her with her own children. Then later on, the neglected woman helped the woman and her children at the request of the husband, was a life changer for me. It was at a difficult time in my own life. I learned forgiveness from that story.
Regards,
Funmi

2 Likes

Hello @Funmi No worries. As a nurse, I know you are busy. Especially in this season. Thank you for your response and for sharing that story.

I also had to learn forgiveness and it was a not an easy lesson for me to learn. In the process the Lord told me that if I ever wanted to be free and have His peace, I had to forgive. It was my choice. He used a lot of misery to get me to that point. Looking back, I can say I am thankful for the bondage that ultimately brought deliverance. Only a God like ours can do such a thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

May He bless you on your journey with rest, grace and peace,
Mary Beth

1 Like