Support RZIM Connect

Gap year/ministry opportunities

Anyone have any organizations or ministries in the US they have worked with in the past as interns, volunteers, or in other capacities?
I am looking to find somewhere to serve this year while taking some time off from school.
I am local to North Carolina.

1 Like

Hi! I interned with Chosen People Ministries last summer. They are a ministry that reaches Jewish people with the gospel. That’s my calling. I’d say YWAM is a great choice if you have the money or can raise support. Ultimately, pray about it and as the Lord! He led me on a crazy journey this year, just a out of nowhere gap year. If we surrender and follow Him, He will provide! He did for me last summer and He did this year. May the Lord bless you!

1 Like

Thanks! So helpful

1 Like

Hi!

You should look into a ministry called Torchbearers internatioal. It is a lot like YWAM it has Bible schools and camps retreats and stuff and its awesome. I live in Spain and my Dad is a director of the center here and I help out a lot. In my gap year I’m planning on going to the center in England.

I hope that helped or at least gave you some ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also suggest trying the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. I heard it’s hard to get into their intern program, but it’s worth a try. Plus, they’re in North Carolina. Also, I know a Jewish believer who’s an apologist. He is also in North Carolina. It’s worth a try for them too. I know they can always use help whether internship or volunteer. His name is Dr. Michael Brown (https://askdrbrown.org/). If you’re interested, let me know. I can get you connected with his producer. Again though, prayer is important.

1 Like

Thank you Angela and Isabel. I appreciate it!