Gavin Baum

I live in Sautee, Ga. I joined because I found a sermon of Ravi’s speaking about God being with us in our suffering. I was raised in a cult, the Jehovah’s Witnesses. I was physically and sexually abused, taught legalism, was the last of three children who was conceived after my mother had her tubes tied and was on the birth control pill. Think I was unwanted? I was saved just recently, my story is long but it is one that shows God’s children are led in our own unique ways to kneel and accept Him as our Lord. The sermon I watched touched me on a very personal level as I have experienced horrible pain, betrayal, and struggled greatly with my own feelings of worthlessness. I am still currently going through many trials, as I believe Satan and my sinful flesh are furious that I acknowledge my Lord and Savior. I am happy to find another group to help as I grow in maturity and struggle with my trials. All praise and glory to Jesus.

How do you hope to contribute?

Perhaps my story will encourage others.

8 Likes

Hi @Gavin_Baum
May God bless your soul and peotect you from everything evil out there.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @Gavin_Baum. Thank you for sharing and being transparent. I hope you consider sharing your full testimony. This forum will be blessed by your sharing. Please feel free to come here frequently. We will pray for you as I have just done. You have experienced a lot and you do have freedom in your choice and your calling now. I loved:

Seek and you will find. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Hello @Gavin_Baum, welcome to connect and thank you for your inspiring introduction :pray:t3: I am grateful to hear you accept Jesus Christ. Also grateful for this ministry that keeps drawing people such as yourself :heart: I trust you will be encouraged as you navigate through the conversations here. I pray your soul is handled with care as you engage. Stay connected and keep us posted on your journey.
God bless :pray:t3:

3 Likes

Hello Gavin, my heart was humbled as I read your intro, I will be praying for the restoration of your entire being. God reached down through Ravi to touch what no one else could, I am so happy he brought you here. Looking forward to your questions. Love in Christ
Mike

3 Likes

Welcome to Connect @Gavin_Baum! Glad you are here!

1 Like

@Gavin_Baum Nice to meet you!

1 Like

Welcome Gavin, @Gavin_Baum

I can hear the brokenness in your words, but I also see the Victorious words as well,

I am deeply grieved for the pain and betrayal you have experienced in your life and I sense many emotional scars from your statements, however, your story does not end there.
We all have scars, either emotional, physical or at times both, but our scars tell a story that is unique to us.
I pray that you will be able to speak to those on connect through those scars and your story will not only encourage others but they will find freedom from their chains.

If I may be so bold as to address this comment, God always wanted you and I am sorry your mom, at the time, may not have recognized that a child (you) were indeed a blessing from the Lord.

Ravi, Vince Vitale, and Naomi Zacharias, as well as many others from the RZIM speaking team, talk extensively on suffering, so keep listening and I pray you continue to receive healing and life as you understand you may very well be the answer to someone’s prayer :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Gavin, welcome to Connect! And praise God that you have been saved and have the hope that we all do in Christ our Lord. Only He is able to cleanse us and through the power of the Holy Spirit you can find strength and peace after the terrible struggles you have gone through. I pray many blessings on you and those that are encouraged by your testimony. God bless you brother! :blush:

3 Likes

I constantly see how He uses events to bring us to where we need to be. My suffering has taught me humility and to bot judge others as we don’t know what their sufferings have been. Just this morning there was a wonderful hymn sang that spoke of those of us from legalistic backgrounds who never feel worthy and struggle with our sins, and how God is always with us. Bless you as well brother.

2 Likes