Geetha

Hello everyone,

I am Geetha, 41-year-old single female from the southern city of Chennai, India. Born in a non-Christian home that followed Hinduism I became a believer and follower of Christ since my high school days. I am in a season of life of seeking God’s guidance for my future to serve Him in a capacity that is my calling. I am here to engage with fellow believers who are in the process of being shaped by God and thereby find encouragement to run the race marked out for us.

How do you hope to contribute?

14 Likes

@Geethab thank you for joining Connect. I am looking forward to learning from you. I am an expert at making Indian tea:) even if I do say so myself. Our school librarian who is from Dehli always comes to me for some, when I make it.
I look forward to learning from you :handshake:

6 Likes

Thanks for your kind words Brian. Look forward to the interactions. Great to know you can make Indian tea. I am a tea person myself:)

5 Likes

Welcome Geetha - do you have an idea as to what the calling you are wanting to serve Him in is?

5 Likes

Dear James,

Thanks for your kind inquiry. I came to know Christ when I was 16 or 17. It was through a personal domestic crisis and the need for deliverance that the Lord revealed Himself to me. I graduated college and joined secular work force. Continued to attend a local church and was involved in an outreach ministry visiting kids diagnosed with cancer. Also spent some time teaching Sunday school and vacation Bible School. Through the ebb and flow of life I took my focus off God and went through a long period of spiritual dryness. I felt like a prisoner of circumstances for a long time and felt very lonely having to live out my faith alone.

For the last year or so, I have had a restlessness in my heart and the work that I am doing makes no sense to me. I started waiting on the Lord for direction but have not had much clarity. For the last month or so, God removed all idols in the form of distractions I had and has enabled me to seek Him more earnestly. I am part of a young adults group in my church where I have lead discussions on Bible lessons and have had people tell me I need to explore teaching the word of God. I am not sure if it be in counseling or teaching but I am open to His possibilities. I have dependent parents and my choices seem limited but I have understood there is no fulfillment outside serving Him. I have been repetitively reminded by God through His word and preaching through His servants that I need to be still and surrender.

9 Likes

Welcome Aunty. I am from tirunelveli south India. God bless you

3 Likes

What a joy to have you here Geetha. There is no limit to what God can do with a hungry heart and a thirsty soul.

4 Likes

Hi Geetha,
Very glad to see your message. I was in Chennai for a while, now I am in Bangalore. I too have a secular job. I understand what you mean when you say you felt like prisoner of circumstances.
I am glad that you are teaching your church youth. That is a great way to start.
I hope that you keep at it, till God shows you the direction. I have often seen in the life of great servants of God that they started small. They were faithful in the little which God showed them and then God said, “well done, good and faithful servant” and more responsibilities followed.
Regarding your secular job, I am reminded of a sentence mentioned by a friend. He said, he shifts from a secular job to another when he has shared gospel with more than 80% of his colleagues. That is a good way to make sense of the job that God has laid on us.
There are several ministries waiting for people to help them during spare time. If you are interested in teaching kids, you probably should see if COME ministries is requiring anyone to go to the slums nearby to help.

5 Likes

Welcome, Geetha. What courage it must have taken to accept Christ in a Hindu family and society! I will be praying for the Spirit to guide you and that your lost family members’ hearts will be softened to receive the truth.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for your kind words Christina. I love how your friend makes sense of his job. I am also trying to be faithful with the little things God has entrusted me with.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Kathya

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words Gigi

1 Like

Welcome aboard @Geethab. So glad to have your talents and your dedication joining us here it connect to. I pray that answers to your prayers will come to you as soon as appropriate. In the meantime I hope ministries are a blessing to you and that you enjoy your time here. God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

Hello Geethab, welcome to connect I saw in your post. [quote=“Geethab, post:5, topic:28368”]
I have dependent parents
[/quote] i am praying as this a taxing part of someones life, were there any tensions over your decision for Christ. So proud of your decision it took courage. Pray your future and calling will be clear, focused, and fruitful. Thank you for sharing.
Mike

2 Likes

Welcome! I am new in this group too! I hope that we can all encourage one another on in the truths of God’s word as we represent Him in different parts of the world! May the Lord Jesus bless and use you in great ways for His kingdom!!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the prayers Mike. There were tensions early on but they settled down as well:)

1 Like

Thanks and nice to meet you here Donna

1 Like

Thanks Keldon

2 Likes

@Geethab Nice to meet you!

2 Likes

Welcome Geetha, I trust God to direct your paths

1 Like