Genesis chapter 6 verse 1-7

Hi, does anyone have any good studies about these verses? Sons of God is it angels? Nefilim? and I often think about verse 6, God how is omnipotent regrets that he had created man( humans) he must had known this to happen. Nothing that keeps we awake at night🧐 but if someone have a sermon or an study about this, it would be great.

God bless folks!

// Fred

1 Like

Hello Fredrik, thanks for asking this topic has garnered many discussions and there is much information on this topic if you use search icon at top of screen and type in Genesis 6 sons of God. You will find many great insights there.
Mike

1 Like

@Fredrik Great question :slight_smile: Simply because God is sorrowful over human sin does not mean that He did not have a plan to redeem humanity or that He literally wished He had never made humans. Even in Genesis 3 we see the seeds of God’s redemptive plan to establish a redeemed humanity. However, God consistently expresses sorrow throughout Scripture whenever men choose to do evil rather than God.

God loves all people and desires them to walk in the truth and find life. When people do not, God expresses both sorrow for the lost and anger against injustice and evil.

Matthew 23:37 - O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God’s messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn’t let me.

The term ‘sons of God’ in Genesis 6 has three possible interpretation:

1 - descendants of the line of Seth
2 - angelic beings
3 - tyrants

The Bible Project offers an interesting perspective on one possible way of viewing this passage.

You may also enjoy Steve Gregg’s thoughts on Genesis 6:1-8:

2 Likes

John MacArthur actually supplies a fourth view - they were demon possessed men (presumably of Cain’s lineage) - seems to solve some problems, but speculative. But then, that would seem true to a degree of every view.

For what it’s worth!

2 Likes