Getting Involved

Say hello…

Where are you from?
I currently live in Decatur, Ga. Born in raised In Georgia. I have 5 beautiful sisters and 5 amazing brothers.
What led you to join Connect?
I am currently serving in the Army National Guard on a combat deployment in Afghanistan and am looking to change careers when I return. I have been with Ansley Atlanta Real estate up to the deployment. For the past 6 months I have had the privilege of being used as a vessel to lead our church services. Never in my life could I imagined the result of reading the gospel in a dangerous environment and preaching the gospel openly to our fellow brothers and some Afghan partner forces. We have had 3 baptisms here and God continues to move. I have always been a fan of Ravi and have listened to his podcast multiple times over. I want to say thank you for representing Jesus so well. I pray somehow I too can have the faith to continue to preach in dangerous areas and or answer questions like you and your team has. Thank you all.

How do you hope to contribute?
My wife and I would love to contribute and or I would love a job. I don’t care where or what. I do believe I can spew out as a vessel what the Holy Spirit wants to say and I am desperate to continue to learn. I have been so thankful for what God has taught me through the Bible so there is no shortage there. I am 30 years old and want to represent Jesus full time. I understand I can do this anywhere. I return home from serving in 1 month.

9 Likes

Welcome to Connect Joseph! I cannot begin to imagine how difficult it is for you to preach in such circumstances. May you receive peace and bravery whenever and wherever you open your mouth. God bless your soul brother!

5 Likes

Welcome Joesph, first off thank you for your service to God and this great country. I salute you and every man and woman deployed all around this world, protecting our freedom. Thank you for sharing the Gospel on your deployment especially in Afghanistan. I have no doubt that God will find a church for you to pastor, you have the will and He has the way, what a blessing to any community that will be. The point of view is different through the eye of a soldier. Please know we continually pray for you and all our forces,home and abroad, your service is so dearly appreciated. God speed and God bless you.

5 Likes

Hello, Joseph, and welcome to Connect! :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you for your service in defending our freedom, and I am quite encouraged by your passion for preaching God’s word. Praise the Lord! Look forward to learning more and studying here with you.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @jfloyd33. Thank you for coming alongside us. Thank you also for your service to the country and to your Lord. What a great testimony and mission you have. Please keep us posted as to your progress, prayer requests, and challenges. This is what connect is all about. God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

Thank you Brian for the message! I am back in the states. Your prayers and everyones prayers were felt. It is a lot different ebing back. So many things to chose from everyday! Can you pray for direction. I am jumping into some entrepreneur things and ministry things as well and want to continue in Gods will for my life with everything I have.

2 Likes

Thank you Scott for the message! We are back safe. We lost one in the 48th brigade to suicide. There were many injuries and purple hearts. God was present through it all. There were 3 baptisms on our base. I had the honor to do 2 of them.

I have been devided for quite some time on ministry efforts and wanted to build my own business. I have been building my real estate business for the past 5 years and doing ministry efforts on the side.

I have just come to the realization that it is ok to want to build a business and have strong financial goals as long as God is leading the way.

Can you pray for continued clarity and understanding with direction. I am joining a start up with a friend of mine and learning from him in the VC arena.

I am also continuing to serve in JH Outback, a wonderful ministry! Thank you for your prayers!

2 Likes

Thank you Brittany for the message. I am super honored that you were encouraged! God is good. He did mighty things. It is my honor to serve. I am thankful to continue that stateside in whatever means possible!

1 Like

Thank you for this wonderful blessing! Peace did not leave my soul over there. There was certainly stressful moments but God remained CONSTANT through it all like he always does.

2 Likes