Gideon Ren

Hello all!

I am from Singapore, a little country (geographically) in South-East Asia!

I finally got down to this introductory post after many years. I heard about Connect after completing the RZIM Academy Core Module. This is a really great course to go through if you have not! It’s worth all the investment. I am an educator by profession and am also currently pursuing my MDiv (on a part-time basis) in a local seminary. Through those professional lenses, I stil find the course very well structured and insightful!

I hope to be as active as possible so that I can listen to the needs of the community and be of help as much as possible!

Gideon

13 Likes

Welcome @gideonren, it is nice to meet you. :smiley:

Are you currently teaching?

I have read your country is one of the cleanest places to live, your rainy :cloud_with_rain: season is November, December & January and your food is delicious, have I been correctly informed?

I think it is amazing that I can talk with someone from Singapore, :singapore:
Here are a few people on connect who hail from Singapore as well. @mayann @Andrew_Tan @meihua.yee

Enjoy the site and I look forward to your perspective on conversations. :tulip:

6 Likes

Welcome to Connect Mr. Gideon,

Yes sir, I too found the core module incredibly informative and edifying. It truely lifts the veil of other systems and strengthened my walk with Christ. I’ve taken another module and will enjoy taking others as time allow.

I’l looking forward to seeing you here.

Blessings,
~Sanah~

6 Likes

Hi Roseann

Thanks for swinging by to say Hi!

Yes, I am currently teaching PE in an elementary school here in Singapore.

Yes! You are right with all the different facets about Singapore. I am not absolutely sure about the delicious part though. Haha… But you definitely can enjoy a wide variety of food here in Singapore because we are a multi-ethnic city-state. The food here is affordable as well.

Looking forward to extend our conversations via the discussions somehow. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello Sanah,

I am glad that a young person like you are so enthusiastic about God’s Word! You will be a beacon in your world! Keep on being a great testimony to the people around you!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @gideonren. What took you so long? :slight_smile: Glad you join us at connect. Looking forward to reading your posts. I am confident that you will be blessed by sharing your experience and knowledge with the many here. Loved that you completed the core module too. Some really good foundational apologetics. God-bless you and your journey.

5 Likes

Hi @gideonren, thank you so much for introducing yourself, welcome! You are right about the core module. It is worth the investment. I trust you will be a blessing in this community, engaging when you are able. I look forward to any insight you have to offer.
Take care :pray:t3:

5 Likes

@gideonren Nice to meet you!

3 Likes

Welcome Gideon I love that bible story. Thanks for joining connect at such a time as this, as a helper and a learner. May we all gain and give all we can to nurture His truth.
Mike

4 Likes

Welcome to Connect @gideonren!

4 Likes

Hi Gideon! Singapore … ok lah! Very nice to make your acquaintance! We spent 5 great years in Singapore ('87-'92) while I was working in the electronics industry. I still have several good friends there.

I haven’t gone through the RZIM Academy Core Module, but hope to soon. Thanks for your encouraging comments about the program.

5 Likes

hahaha! hello Bruce, I see that you still keep the Singlish particles.

Yes, you will enjoy it thoroughly and gain so much clarity not only in terms of thought, but also the ability to articulate and facilitate a faith discussion.

4 Likes

Haha! I think I was in a limbo. I was never a fan of forums. I would do 1-1 coffee anyway though! But I think it’s great to “sharpen one another.”

2 Likes

Thank you @sig ! God-willing.

2 Likes

Lol thank you for the #Singapore tag @HopeforLife1 Roseanne! Gotta #represent :smiley: Do pray for us in Singapore and elsewhere too as it’s been a sadly muted Chinese/Lunar New Year because we’re all gearing up for a possibly worse-than-SARS epidemic, which is sad because it’s usually super bustling in CNY. :smiley: Pray for us all to be safe from the wuwu!

4 Likes

Welcome, Gideon! Is Singlish English Singapore-style? I love to sing, so I like the word anyway! Maybe that can be my language :blush:.

3 Likes

Hello Leah!

Yes spot on! Haha I guess that helps! But it does help to understand some of our other mother tongue languages as well. Like Chinese, Malay, etc. They all contribute in some way to “Singlish” Hahah

2 Likes

Welcome Gideon!

2 Likes

Welcome Mr. Ren, good to have you on board. Hope to learn from you. Just finding out about the core module, will give it a try. Once again, welcome.

4 Likes

Welcome Gideon, glad you introduced yourself. Singapore seems like a really beautiful country. I was happy to hear that you found the Core module of RZIM academy very useful. I just completed week three of the Core module…8 more weeks to go. I am really enjoying the approach it takes to the material. Happy to know you have been part of the community for some time now.

4 Likes