Gillian McAllister

(Gillian) #1

Hi, I’m Gillian, from N Ireland, living in Cairo, Egypt and new to the group. I just recently finished the Core Module and was encouraged by it to really listen, hear and understand those around me before jumping in trying to solve and answer in my own strength.
Although I was initially reluctant to interact in the online discussions I overcame this fear when sensing and experiencing the genuineness of the others sharing, discussing and encouraging.
I hope to both continue to challenge myself to be real and equipped in bringing up our two girls, in being light to the community I live among and in being ready, with His help to walk alongside others in their journey of questions and searching. I hope to also pray for those in the group who are sharing, gradually gain confidence to contribute thoughts and experiences from the setting I am placed in, materials I read and teaching I receive from the RZIM team here in Cairo. Thank you for this opportunity and blessing. Although like most, my time is limited I do not take this opportunity for granted.

(SeanO) #2

@gillsmcallister So glad you’ve joined us here on Connect! It is definitely a safe place to grow in sharing your thoughts / perspective and engaging in meaningful dialogue. May the Lord Jesus be your strength and salvation in all that you do. How did you end up in Cairo? Looking forward to hearing more of your story / thoughts. See you on the forums.

(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi @gillsmcallister,

I am so encouraged to hear this about your experience:

I just recently finished the Core Module and was encouraged by it to really listen, hear and understand those around me before jumping in trying to solve and answer in my own strength.

I hope you will have a similar experience in Connect. Welcome!!

(LaTricia J.) #4

Welcome Gillian! We’re happy to have you here. You’re not the only one who has had some hesitation on sharing and participating in the online discussions, but everyone who has overcome the fear or hesitation, I believe has benefited from doing so within our sliver of the online world. I believe that will also be your experience. :slight_smile: