God is the Source of Wholeness and Strength

Michael Ramsden turns his attention to those in authority at this time and what we can learn from ascribing greatness to God rather than promising heaven on earth.

We were increasingly talking about rights as opposed to moral duties and obligations we felt what we needed to do was to demand our rights rather than think about what we owed to other people…

…Actually what we first need to do is receive from him so we have the strength and the energy then to give out. My hope and prayer is that that is what you’ll find in these coming days and weeks. An ability to serve by first calling on God for this world, for your life, for your family, and then out of the strength that he gives being able to serve those around you.

Let us know:

• How can we honor and support the medical community making huge sacrifices in response to COVID-19?
  • How are you receiving strength from God in this time?
2 Likes

Hi Carson

The question on how we can honor and support the medical community is certainly a challenging one to answer. An important way to honor and respect the high demand on the lives of those in the medical community would be to listen to the advice from the health professionals regarding how to best self-isolate, to look after our health, to wash hands and keep a clean environment. The less people who get infected the less people at any one time that they would have to deal with. I think if we have personal relationships with health workers it is also an opportunity to be talking with them and their families to make sure they know that we are praying for them and are there for them, even if it is not in being able to meet up in the normal social way.

With that in mind, for the health workers who read this post, are there any ways that you would like us to best honor and support you during this time? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My sufficiency is not of myself, especially right now staying at home per our daughters medical advice because of our (my wife and i) previous health issues. Giving cant be done in our own power.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
II Corinthians 1:3‭-‬4 NKJV

A consolation for our RN daughter and other people that we know in the medical field, do not need be concerned, worried about us. Checking in with friends family, sharing uplifting encouragements.

Peace and grace
Mike

1 Like

Amen! Thank you.
I believe the best support we can give health workers now is to bear them up in prayer. They and their families who are making huge sacrifices for us all at this time.

I am personally finding strength in keeping my eyes on Jesus and joining a daily prayer meeting organised by my local church via zoom. Thanks.