Good Vs Evil

Hello…my name is Ajeh Chu-chu. I got to know about RZIM through a pastor. Before now, I’ve had series of troubling question, especially in areas of faith. Getting to know about this ministry has blessed my life and I’m beginning to get clarification on some of these troubling questions.

I’m not quite sure how things work here, and I hope I’m asking the question in the right platform.
A friend of mine, asked me a question. I promised to give an answer but I’m still lost on how to go about it, don’t even know where to start.
He asked what my thoughts were on this matter.
If Premarital sex is a sin before God, how do one explain the fact that babies are brought into the world by this very sinful act(sometimes even through rape) . Children are an heritage of the Lord, they are a blessing from God…but how can a blessing come from evil. Why would a good God allow such?

2 Likes

@ajeh_chuchu Good question :slight_smile: Here are a few things to keep in mind as you answer your friend.

• our worth does not come from the identity of our earthly father or mother or the circumstances of our birth, but from the fact that we are made in God’s image, irregardless of how we were conceived
  • the Biblical passages about children being a blessing simply mean that the man who has them is blessed; they do not mean that this blessing is restricted to the righteous
  • God is gracious to both the good and the evil - see Matthew 5
  • the problem of evil only exists because there is good and evil - our outrage at evil is actually a testimony that we are created by a good God. And while we may not understand why God allows evil, Jesus Christ is proof that God loves us. Romans 5:8 - But God proves His own love for us in this, while we were still sinners Christ died for us.

Mathew 5:44-45 - But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Proverbs 17:6 - Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers.

Psalms 127:3-5 - Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one’s youth.
Blessed is the man
who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

Ezekiel 18:14-18 -“But suppose this son has a son who sees all the sins his father commits, and though he sees them, he does not do such things:

“He does not eat at the mountain shrines
or look to the idols of Israel.
He does not defile his neighbor’s wife.
He does not oppress anyone
or require a pledge for a loan.
He does not commit robbery
but gives his food to the hungry
and provides clothing for the naked.
He withholds his hand from mistreating the poor
and takes no interest or profit from them.
He keeps my laws and follows my decrees.

He will not die for his father’s sin; he will surely live. But his father will die for his own sin, because he practiced extortion, robbed his brother and did what was wrong among his people.

3 Likes