Greetings from Egypt

Hey Everyone
I’m Miriam from Egypt. I grew up in a Christian Coptic orthodox family but I came to truly encounter Jesus 2 years ago. He called me to study apologetics and here I am :slight_smile: I can actually see why he did call me for this almost everyday ever since! I came to join RZIM connect after finishing the core module. I’m looking forward to fruitful discussions with you all.

15 Likes

Welcome Miriam! We are so glad you have joined us on Connect! I look forward to hearing from you whenever you are able to join a discussion. There are so many good ones every day! :blush:

5 Likes

Welcome to Connect @Miriameweida!

4 Likes

Welcome Miriam!! I am originally from the MIddle East and visited Egypt and lived there for a year when I was a child. I just joined today as well and am thinking to take the online course.

5 Likes

@Miriameweida Nice to meet you!

4 Likes

Welcome Mariam from USA West Virginia. Searching the internet is not always positive fruitful endeavor. Would you mind giving an inside take on [quote=“Miriameweida, post:1, topic:27792”]
Christian Coptic orthodox
[/quote]

To get a clearer personal understanding. Thank you and many blessings to you.
Mike

3 Likes

Hi Miriam, welcome to our worldwide community :slightly_smiling_face: I’m glad HE called you. You’ve come to the right place to study apologetics. There are so many interesting discussions on so many different subjects. Just join in and get in touch with people. There are already some others from Egypt, for example: @SDimitri, @elia.gad, @saraisaac, @marianhany11, @Amalia just to name a few :+1:

4 Likes

Menawara ya Miriam.
This is Amal living in Texas.
I am coptic too🌷

Here a video about Coptic Church.

1 Like

Welcome Miriam, amazing that you joined RZIM connect. I am glad you joined!!

2 Likes

Hi Mike. Pleasure to meet you. The Egyptian church is called “Coptic” to refer it’s geographic origin (it’s like the Roman church or the Greek church…etc). while “Orthodox” is the denomination to which I belong. The Orthodox church is a traditional-sacramental church following the apostles themselves. Orthodoxy is one of the major denominations in the middle east, Greece and Russia.
Blessings :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks Amal :slight_smile: glad to meet you dear.
I like this video, very helpful. Thanks for sharing habibty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @Miriameweida. Glad you have come along side us here at connect. Congratulations on completing the core module. How did you like it. Anything stand out to you? Planning on any taking any electives? So grateful that He has called you in a special way. Please participate as often as you are able. We are blessed by your joining us. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Thank you so much I appreciate your personal explanation. As we grow in Christ In word and deed may His grace abound.
Mike

2 Likes

Thanks Keldon.
I loved everything about the core module, it gave me a well-structured way of thinking and helped me address my own scepticism. I actually am going through the faith seeking understanding elective at the moment and am planning to sign up for others (bible, science and Islam). Nice to meet you :blush:

3 Likes

Hi Miriam, God bless your journey!:pray:t2:

1 Like

That is so awesome. So glad you had questions answered. Me too. I loved it. And, the FSU elective is great too. I hope you enjoy. Drop a line from time to time to us indicating perhaps how a particular assignment or lecture impacted you in a unique way or just affected/strengthened your path. God bless.

2 Likes

Welcome! I’m from Syria, so happy to have you with us.

2 Likes

Hi @Miriameweida, welcome and nice to meet you! So happy you joined the community. We have similar stories, I also felt called to apologetics about 2 years ago! Do you still attend Christian Coptic church or other denominations?

3 Likes

Hello @Miriameweida! Welcome to Connect! :bouquet: :wave:

1 Like

Hi Beatriz, nice to meet you too. Yes dear I still do attend my Coptic church where I also serve teenage girls at Sunday school. A piece of me will always be there :slight_smile: It’s where I belong.

2 Likes