Groups isolated from Modern Civilization

For tribal or other groups around the world who are severely isolated from modern civilization or society, since they may never have heard the gospel, how would they have to account for their soul before God?

Or people of other faiths or religions who because of upbringing, theocracy, or similar restriction, how would they account for their soul before God? Especially if the gospel has never reached them or it is difficult to get the gospel to them ?

Excellent question, @obed.alcime.

Jesus said that to whom more is given, more is required - Luke 12:47-48. While all men are accountable to Him, they are not all accountable to the same degree, and so the judgment will be more severe for some than for others - Matthew 11:20-24.

But all men, including the ones you have mentioned, have received some amount of light. Even men who never heard of Christ have the light of creation, and Romans 1:20 says they are without excuse for not responding to the witness of the Creator all around them.

Even men who never heard of the Bible still have the light of conscience that witnesses against them when they do wrong - Romans 2:14-15.

So God does not judge men on the basis of light they did not have. He judges them on the basis of light they did have. He holds all men to the standard of whatever light they’ve been given - Romans 2:12.

And when men do respond to the light God gives them, He will give them more - Jeremiah 29:13, *ye shall seek me and find me when ye search for me with all your heart.

Like a man wandering in the labyrinth of a cave - he comes to a cross tunnel and sees only darkness in one direction, but in the other is the faintest glimmer of light. If he turns toward the light, what do you think he will find at the next cross tunnel? In one direction, only darkness - but in the other, more light. And as long as he keeps following the light at every turn, eventually it will lead him to freedom and safety.

I hope these thoughts will help you with this question.

2 Likes

Hi, @obed.alcime :wave:

You have already got great response from Bro. @jlyons . I will just be chiming in at the chorus.

Psalms 19:1-4b
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world.

Those who are “unreached” by the Gospel message has no less inferior witness than God’s creation testifying of His majesty and power.

Ezekiel 24:14b
According to thy ways, and according to thy doings, shall they judge thee, saith the Lord God.

Luke 19:22a
And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant.

Ultimately, it is man and his deeds who will judge himself, God will only be executing what man has decided for himself: either eternal fellowship with his Creator, or eternal separation.

2 Likes