H_Denn_C

(dennis chen) #1

Hi There,

I am from Inland Empire CA.

I found out about the site from Peace in the Church video by Francis Chan at the Rzim Church Leaders Conference.

I am not sure about how to contribute at this point.

7 Likes
(Brittany Bowman) #2

Welcome to Connect, Dennis. :slight_smile: It is wonderful to hear the Church Leaders Conference touched you. What stood out to you from his talk?

3 Likes
(Sieglinde) #3

Hello @dtm255 so glad you joined, welcome :slightly_smiling_face: There are plenty of topics to read through and I am sure you have some insight to offer. Enjoy :wink:

5 Likes
(dennis chen) #4

Thanks Brittany, It’s always interesting to hear Francis talk. One thing I remember deeply is the analogy of father giving son a bike and a million dollars with the intention of him sharing them to others with needs. Exactly describes how Americans, who lives abundantly, should do.

4 Likes
(Brittany Bowman) #5

That’s a great point, and one I had forgotten about. I listened while multitasking and apparently didnt multitask as well as I hoped. :wink: Thanks for sharing that!

I really appreciated the urgency with which he called the church to avoid bickering, with the analogy of a child in the family stirring up trouble. His experience with bring the pastors together for reconciliation was a powerful testament to what the Gospel can do when proclaimed.

4 Likes
(Heidi Mitchell) #6

Hi Dennis! @dtm255
Welcome :slight_smile:
That part about the bike and a million dollars to pass out to others stuck with me, too.
Really love Francis Chan’s passion and desire to be mindful of how we live these lives for Christ.

2 Likes
(Keldon Scott (Kel)) #7

Welcome aboard @dtm255. Glad to have you with us. Enjoy your time here. Looks like you already are. Thanks for sharing. God-bless you and your journey.

1 Like