Have You Ever Ran From God AFTER Becoming A Christian?

If anyone is willing to share, I’d be interested in hearing from those of you who ran God for a period of time after being converted. I think it could be encouraging to those who like myself have done the same thing. I never really saw the parable of the Prodigal son as a story in which the younger son was a genuine believer in the first place but rather as someone who came home for the first time, coupled with the terrifying nature of Hebrews 6:4-8, it took me a looooong time (roughly a decade) to embrace the idea that I could indeed still return to God after having fallen into so much sin.

I was convinced that Hebrews 6 was written about me. I did not see any way possible that a genuine born-again believer could have fallen into such heinous sin after having come to a knowledge of the truth and having already confessed my sins and believed upon Jesus and walked with Him for a period of time.

In addition to this, I did not see any examples in scripture of someone who falls for an extended period of time. I know David was in sin, but was it 10 years? I know Jonah ran in the opposite direction of God’s decrees but 10 years??

Anyhow, I think you get the picture :slight_smile: It’s one thing to hear of those who ran from God their whole lives and finally recognize Christ as King but I think its a whole another thing to hear from those who did follow Christ yet still entered into rebellion.

What brought you back to a love of the Lord? Did you see fruit come of it?

3 Likes