Hello family! - Charles John

Hello RZIM Family,

I am Charles, originally from India. I have been pursuing my masters from the University of Oklahoma and I am halfway through the program. I have finished three modules, CM, EMW, and SCI, really excited to be here. I’d love to be engaged with you all and hopefully contribute to the vision of RZIMConnect. If you are reading this comment below I’d love to get connected with you and make friends. :smile:

God bless you!

11 Likes

Great to have you, I’m sure your studies, though intense and at times difficult, will be of great value to all of us here. Look forward to connecting with you as well brother

4 Likes

Hey! Chris!! Nice to virtually meet you. Tell me more about yourself.

3 Likes

Hi Charles! @charlesjcn
So glad you’ve joined us :relaxed:

I hope you’ll enjoy looking around- such great wisdom and encouragement here - I’m sure you will have plenty to offer, as well!

4 Likes

Hi @charlesjcn it’s nice to have you here. Wow, you’ve been busy with the modules! I trust you will be a blessing here with all the knowledge you’ve gained. Was the Science module challenging? I have been wanting to check that out. Not one of my strongest subjects :confused: I look forward to reading more about you as you engage here in this community :pray:t3:

3 Likes

Hello Charles. I’m 33 years old and live in Orlando FL with my wife of 13 years, Stephanie, and our three children, Richy, Lilee, and our newborn baby Henry. The main area of Christian study I feel most led to spend most of my time educating myself in is apologetics, and in particular the downward trajectory of secularity and its effect on the social fabric at large. Plenty of great books out there and I spend a lot of my non-working time reading about such things, that is, of course, when my little ones aren’t climbing all over me! but such is the life of a family of 5, its non-stop…but nothing save our relationship with God is as important.

3 Likes

Welcome Charles
One of many reasons I come to RZIMConnert was to be at sharing God’s word. People today want more than just a testimony, they want a conversation. This is one place I’m finding that is helping me. Looking forward to hearing some more life experiences from you. Brother

3 Likes

Yeah absolutely! Yeah, one of the areas that I am learning also is apologetics because it helps me to converse with people from different backgrounds and I think understanding their background and especially people from science and philosophy. I had no clue whatsoever before I took these courses on philosophy and many of those related things but I believe that these courses equipped me to be a better person in defending my faith. One of the main takeaways from these courses for me was to answer the questioner, not the question it stuck with me not just in the questions regarding faith but also in every aspect of life.

4 Likes

Hey, thanks Heidi! I feel the same to be around in here. What courses have you taken so far?

3 Likes

Yeah, I would say yes. Even though I am from engineering background I found it a bit difficult to understand some science stuff related to life and origin. But, I kept listening again and again. For me, these whole courses were very new and I had a very hard time understanding in the beginning even for the core module, I listened to it again and again and looked up other sources to understand stuff especially for logical fallacies, I still remember. It was all challenging as I had absolutely no background in philosophy, it’s all worth it. I feel a lot better and confident in talking about faith with people now. Yeah, you should definitely check out SCI module, it will be a lot of learning and fun.

4 Likes

Oh yeah! I relate with you, people long for relationships. One of the most effective ways to evangelize for me is through relationships, that is one thing that God has been teaching me these days. As one minister put it, if we are not willing to love people like he did, we do not have right to say Jesus loves them! It’s so profound. Many times we just want to get away sharing a testimony but that’s not what people want even though they need it. Glad to have you brother. Looking forward to learn from you all. God bless!

3 Likes

Hey! Just the Core Module so far :relaxed:
I’d love to take more in the future…

3 Likes

Completing CM is an achievement! That’s a really tough one if you are new to all of this. That challenged me, it was a lot of learning!

1 Like

Welcome aboard @charlesjcn. It is great to have you connecting with us. Thank you for your input thus far. I love it when Academy alums join because of the background they have. The training does enable a foundation that is awesome. If you are interested in getting involved please reach out with a PM and we can explore. Participate as often as you are able. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes, I will PM you Keldon. :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome, @charlesjcn! Glad to have you hear! I love how eager you are to learn. Keep that going!

2 Likes

Hi bro, Blessings from México
Which module did you like the most?

1 Like

Hi Charles, sorry for jumping in a conversation, but I have been looking after some resources about life origin and I came to know some interesting researchers and thinkers you would find useful for this topic. Let me know if you would like me to send you a couple of them, OK?
By the way, I’m from Peru (South America) :slight_smile:
Blessings, Aldo

1 Like

Thanks Joshua! I like the community. Little late in replying as I got busy with the school stuff. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Farid! Nice to meet you bro! How are you doing?

2 Likes