Hello from Aaron Wolking

Good morning all,

My name is Aaron Wolking. I am from Colorado, where I live with my lovely wife, two amazing daughters (our eldest is 5 years old and our youngest is 3 weeks old), and two old and slightly cranky Labrador retrievers. I’ve greatly enjoyed sermons and lectures and from Mr. Zacharias over the last few years.

I initially joined RZIM Connect last fall, but then “life” happened and I’ve not participated much since then. Since then, I completed the Core Module through RZIM Academy and greatly enjoyed the course. I was raised as a believer and have grown up in the Gospel. However, in the last few years, I’ve really been convicted that growing up in the Gospel isn’t nearly enough - I need to “grow up” in the Gospel, if that makes sense. I’m praying that God continues to reveal my purpose and role in His work. In any event, I look forward to exploring Connect and seeing where God takes me!

Best,

AW

7 Likes

Hi @aaron.wolking,

Welcome! The RZIM Academy is amazing! I’m so glad you took the core module and hope you will continue to study through all the electives they offer. In the meantime, Connect is a great place to continue learning, growing, and being prompted to study God’s word.

Just like going to the gym inspires us to be healthy, getting involved in conversations here can prompt us to pray, to study, and to discern truth with love and respect.

3 Likes

@aaron.wolking Nice to meet you!

1 Like

Aaron it’s good to meet you. Welcome to connect thee is much here to learn about living the Gospel. Growth in Christ is a goal for all seekers of truth. I encourage you to not hesitate should you have any questions. The Moderators Alumni and others have great insight in many areas. May His face shine upon you.
Mike

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @aaron.wolking. Glad to have you with us. Congratulations on completing the core module. Welcome back! Wasn’t the core module inspiring? I hope you enjoy some of the electives as well. They will inspire you even more. God-bless you and your journey.

2 Likes

Hi @aaron.wolking welcome back! It seems like I remember something about 2 slightly cranky Labradors??? Made me laugh, both times :laughing: I can relate to the “growing up” and yes, it makes sense. I pray the Lord will bless your desire to continue learning and growing :pray: Congratulations on completing the course! What was your most profound take away from it? I do hope you enjoy your time back here in connect :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you, Carson! I’m looking forward to spending time learning from and with folks on Connect as we all look to grow in our relationship with God.

2 Likes

@joncarp Thank you! Nice to meet you as well.

2 Likes

@mgaplus4 Thank you, Mike, it is good to meet you as well. I’m looking forward to adding Connect as an important resource and “sounding board” for the big questions we all face. Have a great day!

4 Likes

Thank you, @Keldon_Scott, I appreciate it! Yes, the core module was excellent. I’m planning on taking more electives - there are so many important and fascinating topics to learn about! Thank you and God Bless you as well.

2 Likes

Hello @sig, thank you! That’s kind of funny that you remembered that part of my initial introduction. I joined Connect last fall and then life kind of caught up with me, I started the core module, and lost track of Connect. I’m happy to be learning / growing here again with you all. I really enjoyed everything the core module offered - the lectures were particularly amazing! For whatever reason, I had never listened to Oz Guinness lecture before - that was one of my favorites! Thanks again and have a great day!

4 Likes