Hello from Debbie

Say hello…

Where are you from?

What led you to join Connect?

How do you hope to contribute?

2 Likes

Hello RZIM Family!
I am a military spouse residing in South Carolina, but originally from Florida.
I appreciated the invitation for Connect, with the desire to learn and grow in the faith.
I hope to contribute by being a respectful listener and asking relevant questions, as well as, answering to reflect Jesus Christ, our hope in us.

10 Likes

Hello Debra!

So glad to have you with us! My son and his family moved a lot during his time in the military. I hope you will find this to be a stable, safe family that you can connect with no matter where you are. I am looking forward to hearing more from you! :smiley:

4 Likes

Hello Sally,
Thank you for reaching out and sharing about your son and his family. What do you like about Connect and its purpose? Blessings!

2 Likes

Hi Debra! @rachjon19
So glad you’ve joined.
This is a great community to practice “listening” as we read through posts and others’ takes on things. It’s so nice we’re all after the same goal of strengthening our faith, and being ready to engage in conversation with our non-believing friends.
Be blessed as you explore the topics and discussions :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have appreciated the safe, supportive environment to have real discussions about His Word and its application. All involved in the discussions are stretched to see the topic with new insight and grow in Him as a result. I have only been here a couple weeks, but am already beginning to feel the ‘family’ through responses and supportive likes. It is an environment that is refreshing in this polarized world.

Have you found the military a more unified environment, more accepting of your Biblical views?

4 Likes

Thank you, Heidi and appreciate your prompting on the topic and discussion exploration for learning.

Sounds interesting and what have you enjoyed about this ministry opportunity, so far?

3 Likes

Hi Debra! @rachjon19
Thanks for asking :blush: I’ve enjoyed a space to continue learning with others Believers…similar to the Core Module forums. I loved the respectful, kind way people learned and shared during the course- and this community is that way, as well!
Enjoy!

2 Likes

Hello Sally,
Good question about the military and I do find it interesting to try and weave Biblical language in to military efforts when the opportunity arises. We usually live on the installation and connect, but at the present with live in a community of civilians and military. The variety of people has been good to practice and think through when other worldview neighbors try to share their views or religion. This has been helpful just coming out of the Core Module and seeing truth unfold.

4 Likes