Hi, I'm Jess

Hi everyone, it’s a pleasure to be here.
I’m a military wife living in Savannah, GA. My husband and I are blessed with 3 handsome boys that bounce off of and eat everything. :slight_smile:

I stumbled upon Connect not really aware of it’s existence - I’m a former TV Host who about a year ago, left the field to pursue ministry. I’ve a burden for the health of the Church and in the Lord’s strength am pursuing writing and directing films that glorify and testify the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I’m still very much in the early stages of the project -the quiet aspect of prayer, waiting, researching, interviewing etc, but am confident that if this is indeed the Lord’s calling He’ll supply ALL resources for His work. Through this, I discovered Connect here at RZIM. It’s all very exciting!

I hope to contribute in any way of investment I can. I have a background in business consulting and writing for the screen, but most of all I love to pour into God’s sheep. If there are any women seeking fellowship in Christ, I extend the invitation to e-meet you and pray for you.

To God be the Glory,
Jess

9 Likes

Hello Jess,
Welcome to Connect. I too, once had three little bundles of energy running around my house. Now they are all college age. So let me start by encouraging you to enjoy every part of you time with your children. It is the most important ministry you will have in this world.
I appreciate your heart for the women of the Church. May I be an encouragement to you, in even as you are building a discipleship ministry, be faithful in you do.

2 Likes

Thank you Daren, especially for the reminder of my ministry being most and foremost prominent at home. May the Lord bless you.

2 Likes

Nice to meet you Jess!

2 Likes

Welcome, Jess
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on our blessed Lord and King!
Jason

3 Likes

Welcome Jess.

1 Like

Welcome aboard @JEturralde. So glad you found connect. Your goals and enthusiasm will be very helpful to many here. I got to visit Savannah. Very beautiful city. I wish you divine intervention in all that you are contemplating. Please do share you prayer requests if you feel led. God-bless you and your journey

2 Likes

Hi @JEturralde, I have two and can barely handle it! I am not sure how you, especially as a military wife, which comes with its own struggles, can handle three! What an inspiration.

I pray that God continues to lead you and guide you. These times of transition can often be very bewildering. I hope you find the thread God wants you to follow soon! I am looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor!

3 Likes

Thanks @Keldon_Scott! I appreciate your encouragement and look forward to engaging with this amazing community. Blessings to you and yours.

1 Like

@Joshua_Hansen thank you for your kind words! God has been gracious and merciful in His lessons for us as we navigate where the military takes us.

I too with great anticipation, am looking forward to the fruits of our labor! One day we will all be rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves of the harvest. How exciting is that?

May the Lord be with You-

2 Likes

Hi Jessica!
I was encouraged when I read your introduction and saw that you are a mom as well! I somehow had it in my mind that I might feel out of place but I see now that the beauty of this space is that there are so many from different walks, and similar ones, here to connect.
Thank you for reading my entry and for giving me a “like”:slight_smile: ! I began writing (just for myself) after I became a Christian to praise and process all He does…it’s like you never have to look far for material, God’s always making something new happen!
I want to encourage you in your own role as mom and your film venture as well and I look forward to getting to know you more.
Holly

4 Likes

Welcome @JEturralde, it is a pleasure to meet you. Thank you so much for your heartfelt, inspiring introduction :heart: Your gifts and type of ministry is so necessary. I pray the Lord will bless your desire to speak life and healing into a lost world through films and one on one :pray:t3:
It’s so great to have you here and I look forward to reading more from you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome Jess.
Making films and even videos that present the gospel is so important. Examples of people doing this are Dr Craig Videos; One For Israel “I Met Messiah” videos, Ray Comfort’s ministry and of course RZIM to mention just a few. Be blessed as you pursue God’s calling.
Steve

1 Like

Welcome Jess! My husband and I were just in your fine city last weekend attending the Marine Corps ball. It is always so encouraging for us “older folks” to hear of young families being raised in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. The world needs it so. God bless in your new venture. That’s another area where we need the truth to shine. Welcome to the connect community.

3 Likes

Hello sister in Christ , I was thinking of that my self about few weeks ago , to many secular movie with horrible drama a foul choices , I support your decision , I believe God nail with you , putting in your Heart , I believe thru my journey and what pastor tony Evans has said , You must believe then you’ll see , All the Many blessing to your husband and family , Thank him for the sacrifices you’ll all are making , I pray the Lord got his Protection over his life , And Your future in that industries I believe is awesome idea, keep our thought on above not what down here with sin and all , Many Blessing , Carlos C.

1 Like

Hi Jessica,
It is very nice to meet you. I’m also part of the blessed 3 boys moms’ club!! May God bless all your efforts and guide your initiative to work with films for Him!! What an exciting journey. Love in Christ,
Nohra

1 Like

Welcome Jessica,
Thank you for sharing you mission, we all need one.
I look forward to your insites.

thank you…

2 Likes

Thank you @sig! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for those examples. I’m familiar with only some of them. Always looking for more!

Thank you Carlos for your kind words for my husband and I. I’m very excited and hopeful to contribute to honoring God through media. :slight_smile: