Hi, my name is Alex

(Alex Stark) #1

Hi!

Where are you from?
Brisbane, Australia. Currently living and doing ministry in Oxford, UK.

What led you to join Connect?
As a speaker, I get the privilege of joining in with RZIM connect to answer questions - and learn, myself! I think this platform is an incredible way to bounce ideas off one-another, hopefully sharpening our witness and refining our characters.

How do you hope to contribute?
My hope is that I’ll be able to hear about what God is doing through other Christians (conversations they’re having, opportunities they’re getting), as well as share what God is doing through me. I hope to contribute a depth of cultural understanding which, I think, is essential in evangelism and apologetics. I think cultural exegesis (if I can use that phrase) gives people language for experiences they’ve had for which they’ve not yet had language. When married with biblical exegesis, it makes for a disarming proclamation of Jesus Christ.

5 Likes
(Keldon Scott) #2

Welcome aboard. So glad you are here. I have a bit of healthy coveting with your experience in Oxford. Thank you for contributing some of your time and training for all of us on connect. Best to you going forward in your endeavors. God-bless @alexanderkstark.

3 Likes
(Kathleen) #3

Good to have you here with us this week, Alex! Welcome to Connect! :slight_smile:

1 Like