Hi my name is Indra Newman ! Just introducing myself

Say hello…
Hi! My name is Indra and I am new to connect. I didn’t know this platform existed until today and I’m stoked to learn all about it!

Where are you from?
I am originally from Brasilia, Brazil. I live in the US for almost 15 years and recently moved from California to North Carolina!

What led you to join Connect?
I was trying to watch the livestream of today’s talk “Does God Exist?” by Ravi Zacharias and Abdu Murray (Univ. Miami) via the link on Instagram and was led to this site after attempting to watch on YouTube. Then I realized I was in something totally new to me! Just beginning to learn about Connect. I have been following RZIM’s posts via email and on Instagram for a few years now and love the RZIM’s ministry!

How do you hope to contribute?
I hope to learn better ways to engage in conversations about God, science, religion, to help and encourage friends, family, colleagues to respond with faith in Christ. I have a background in science and hope to learn and contribute to conversations on that. I am a native Portuguese speaker if that could be useful in any way :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Welcome aboard @Imnewman. Thank you for joining connect and thank you for your enthusiasm. This is such a great site. I hope that you explore some of the categories. There are so many very thoughtful and well read members here. Please engage as frequently as you are able. God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

Indra, welcome and I am so glad that you stumbled onto this forum! It is a great community and the discussions are full of information and done in such a polite and friendly manner. And I am sure we could always use someone with a science background! That’s such an interesting topic that I am sure many of us like to read but don’t feel equipped to contribute to sometimes. I know you will enjoy Connect and look forward to reading any responses to conversations you may have! :blush:

4 Likes

@Imnewman Nice to meet you!

2 Likes

Welcome. Like you I have know about Ravi’s ministry for years. I learnt about Connect from my husband. Looking forward to what I can learn from this site. Hope you are blessed by it too

4 Likes

Hi Indra you are more than welcome to jump right in and enjoy the many interesting topics .
Thank you for joining connect I am sure you will have much to contribute.
Mike

4 Likes

Thank you for introducing yourself, welcome @Imnewman :slightly_smiling_face: Your background in Science should prove to be very useful here. I trust that as you get more familiar with the site and begin to engage, you will be a blessing :pray: Looking forward to your insight :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hello Indra! :wave: I am so thankful you found your way to Connect. I love that your hope is to learn better ways to engage in conversations and I know you will find a toolbox of information here! I will be praying for you as you continue to grow and as you live as a light to others! :bulb:

3 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome @Keldon_Scott ! I’m looking forward to it!

1 Like

Hi Carrie @gchop! Thank you so much for your words and I am so glad how I got here too! I’m looking forward to getting to know the community, wish you a blessed journey here on connect as well!

1 Like

Nice to meet you too @joncarp!

1 Like

Hi Sylvia @sylvia.jewkes ! Thank you for welcoming me and I’m also looking forward! Nice to meet you too :slight_smile:

Thank you Mike @mgaplus4 ! I’m very encouraged and have started “exploring”!

Hi Sieglinde @sig , thank you for your warm welcome and encouragement! I appreciate it and I pray that too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Elizabeth @eminikel! I’m very thankful too, that was a great talk and the few forums that I have explored have been super insightful!
Thank you for your prayers and I pray that too! :pray: :slight_smile:

Welcome Indra, nice to meet you, I’m learning Portuguese, I hope to visit Brazil some day, my teacher tells us lot of stories about your country and I love it. Connect is a great place to learn with people very respectful and kind from everywhere. My English is not perfect but I’m pushing myself to improve it.

2 Likes

Hi Francini! Oi! Tudo bem? Thank you for your welcome, I’m glad to hear that and I’m sure you will do great! If you get a chance to visit Brazil that will be a great opportunity to learn! I am very glad that I have found Connect and learning a lot from the discussions, it is a very nice community!

2 Likes

Hey Indra, Welcome to Connect :smiley:

I am so happy you have found the Connect community, this is defiantly the place to engage in conversations about all the topics you listed and we have thoughtful and thought provoking :thought_balloon: :thinking:contributors.

To help you navigate RZIM Connect, I have added this link.

New User Guide: Overview

Site Tutorials & Feedback

You lived in Brazil, then moved to California, :sunny: then on to North Carolina, :snowflake: those are 3 very different venues, do you have a favorite place or climate?

What nuance have you noticed about the people in each of those places?

1 Like

Welcome to Connect Indra! That’s great you have a background in science. Please tell me more about that. It’s also very cool you are fluent in both Portuguese and English! I imagine that could be very useful.

1 Like

Hi Indram, so great that you’ve joined us! Really hope you’re blessed from conversations here.

1 Like