Holly Short

Say hello…Hello everyone!

Where are you from? I am from Kalispell, Montana. I am a homeschooling mother of a 10 year old daughter with special needs and 4 year old son.

What led you to join Connect? I saw a writing contest advertised in the November RZIM email. I have never entered anything like that, I’ve never even joined an online community before now.

How do you hope to contribute? I became a Christian 5 years ago at age 33 and am continuously amazed at how much God has changed my life. I hope to share and also have my own perspectives grow through connecting with people around the world.

7 Likes

Nice to meet you Holly!

1 Like

Welcome Holly!
I came to the Lord at about the same
Age you did. Now a few years later , now in my 60s, I am still amazed at how He changes my life continually. Glad you are here!

3 Likes

Welcome Holly!

Wow - Montana is so beautiful! May the Lord bless you for your hard work in rearing your daughter and son.

I love that you came here initially for the writing contest and joined your first online community. I do hope you enter in case you have not yet - I’m inspired by your new adventures and am excited for your new discovery.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. :smiley:

Blessings, Jess

3 Likes

Hi Holly! Welcome to the family!

3 Likes

Hello, Holly!

Welcome to RZIM Connect; I just joined as well after taking the Core Module at RZIM Academy. It’s awesome that you’re here! I’m 43, a wife, and a mom of two children in California. I love that we have the opportunity to interact with so many people from all over. I pray that your journey with Jesus will be deepened and widened as you roam these cyber-halls :slight_smile:

God bless you and your family,
Samantha

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @hshort. So great to have you joining from Montana. I got to spend some time in your home town during Spring break with my kids not too far back. Got to ski and snowmobile at big mountain. Saw the furniture race! Glad you saw the contest. Would love to hear how the Lord has impacted you. Check out the member testimonies category if you get a chance. God-bless you and your journey.

3 Likes

Hi @hshort!
I just joined this community myself. You homeschooling peaked my interest as I will be beginning that with my 4 year old next year!
Thankfully, I’m surrounded by many who homeschool but it’s interesting to learn from others who also homeschool.
Blessings!

5 Likes

Hi @hshort, it’s wonderful to have you here. I have been telling my husband lately that I really want to visits Montana. It looks like such beautiful landscape. I am thankful you accepted Christ and blessed to hear how much change you have seen in your life. If ever you feel led to share a testimony, connect has a place for that, https://connect.rzim.org/c/christian-growth/member-testimonies
I trust you will be blessed as you browse through the conversations. Take care :pray:t3:

4 Likes

Pleasure to meet you @hshort!
Welcome to Connect, we are so happy to have you here! God bless you friend! :hibiscus: :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Welcome Holly,
As the mother of a special needs child I assure you we have much to learn from you.
I look forward to your insites. Thank you for joining. I just finished up the RZIM course on “Suffering and Evil”. The interviews I did were with Care Givers. I learned much from them that I can use to connect with others in their needs.

thank you…

3 Likes

@hshort Writing contest? Writing contest? Ooh, I love reading and writing! You have just given me another reason to like RZIM Connect! :clap:

1 Like