Holy Trinity

In the Book of Acts 7:55, its says that Stephen " …saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God." Does God always reveals himself in the from of Father, Son, Holy Spirit?

2 Likes

Dear Joh,
This is a very good question. God definitely is three persons in one God. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are are God are equal and uncreated, eternal and beautiful!

God, however, reveals himself in many ways throughout the scriptures. Some of the examples are as a burning bush to Moses, as a still small voice to Elijah, he spoke through a donkey to Balaam, he sends angels, and once said that what you do for the least of these you do for me.

I hope this answers your question. I pray he revels himself to you and I both through supernatural revelation and through his Word.

3 Likes

Good Morning Brian

Thank you very much for your answer, and its an answer that I myself hold to as well. I know its a mystery how three can be one, but I know from the evidences revealed in the Scriptures that this is the right conclusion. I guess what I am struggling with is, the idea that Stephen saw the Son standing in the right hand of the Father which I think is a much clear indication of the persons of the Holy Trinity. Christ baptism is another example. I guess what I am trying to say is, when we go to heaven what would look like, separate entity God the Father, God the Son and The Holy Spirit? I also know that God is Spirit but I still wonder.

I have listened to lots of scholars explain the Holy Trinity (Triune) including Ravi’s and Nabeel’s and its was very good but I still wonder.

Appreciate all the help

Regards

Joh

1 Like

@Joh2019 Don’t know the answer, but I’m excited to find out with you :slight_smile: I suppose I always imagine experiencing the Spirit much as we do here on earth except in a more continual and pronounced manner. The Scriptures say that no one has ever seen God and yet the pure in heart will see God. What exactly does that mean? Certainly I think we will see Jesus.

But just think of stepping on shore-And finding it Heaven!
Of touching a hand-And finding it God’s!
Of breathing new air-And finding it celestial!
Of waking up in glory-And finding it home!

C. S. Lewis pointed that out well in his book ‘The Last Battle’, which I am sure you are familiar with… When the children in the story come to ‘Aslan’s Country’ (the equivalent of Heaven in these books), here are some of the ways Lewis describes it:

“I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now…Come further up, come further in!”
C.S. Lewis, The Last Battle

“And as He spoke, He no longer looked to them like a lion; but the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them. And for us this the end of all the stories, and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story. All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on for ever: in which every chapter is better than the one before.”
C.S. Lewis, The Last Battle

1 Like