homosexual relationships without sex or marriage

Is it wrong for two same of the same sex to be in a romantic relationship that does not involve sex and does not lead to marriage? I would say yes, but cannot justify either sides of this argument. A friend asked me this question and I’m not sure how to respond. I said that it seems that dating is generally meant to end up in marriage but that raises questions about the nature of marriage. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Hi, @Sgpage! So great that you’re having so many conversations like this with folks. :slight_smile: I’ve been rolling around this question in my mind, and I’m not really a fan of it. Ha! That is, it sounds like your friend is asking the question, where do you draw the line? What behaviour is permitted; what is not? Which, I suppose, is a fair question, but it can get us into a legalistic mindset and boil God’s approval/disapproval down to our behaviour…like he’s some arbitrary disciplinarian.

First, though, I would ask the question back to them, where do you draw the line between ‘romantic’ and ‘sexual’? What do those two terms even mean?? For me, I don’t much of a distinction between sexual and romantic, but I suppose it would depend on what definition one is using.

2 Likes