How can I be a better servant for Him?

How can one be a better servant of the Lord. ? I am a believer and I believe I love Him whose merit, gifts and sacrifice I dont deserve. I dont have great wants and desires for a better life even tho I have to take great pains to take care of my severe chronic illnesses. This can make me seemingly self-centered. I pray consistently for China and Hong Kong which is facing tumultuous and turbulent times. I pray for my home country which is beset with the aftermath of kleptocracies and welcome subsequence of change of government (a miracle in itself) and an ongoing series of court cases against past high-profiled corruptors. How else could I do more and be assured by Him that I am effectively living a useful life for Him? May I be brought to remembrance of His word for me and be encouraged to do (more?) what He loves for me to do?

3 Likes

@Priscilla Sorry to hear that you are struggling - may the Lord give you strength and peace and wisdom in your situation :slight_smile: Whenever I find myself wondering what I can do for the Lord, I always try to remember who I am in the Lord. We are human beings; not human doings. And in each season of life we have different resources at our disposal. Perhaps if you are sick, you have extra time to pray, which it sounds like you are doing.

I think we can analyze the resources we have - whether it is time or money or talents - and lay those at Jesus’ feet. But we always remember that even if we have very little, our greatest service is to honor the Lord in whatever way we are able. So, the first step may be to consider what resources you have in this season of your life and then prayerfully consider how to serve God’s Kingdom with those wisely.

4 Likes

Thank you SeanO. Good sound advice. Will deliberate inwardly what you suggested. Thankful for you, SeanO.

4 Likes

@mutts May the Lord bless your deliberations :slight_smile: Thankful for this community.

3 Likes