On the Ask Away podcast, led by Vince and Jo Vitale, they covered an important topic: how can I share the gospel in a hostile world? You can listen to it here:
Here are some of my primary takeaways from their discussion:
• Jo mentions a student’s phrase: “Do it scared”.
That is, don’t let your fear keep you from obedience.
• Vince: “God will empower you with his spirit.”
When we struggle with fear, we can turn to God for strength to overcome this fear.
• Jo: “God, give me your eyes to see people as you see them.”
The people we are talking to aren’t the enemy!
• Vince: Be really practical and specific in praying to God. E.g., “Would you give me one question to ask each of my family members?”
• Take the time to prepare for the questions you expect to be asked.
Questions for Discussion:
Do you have fears about being evangelistic?
Do you feel ‘stuck’ when it comes to sharing the gospel in conversations?
What do you think are the most encouraging points from this podcast?