How can we define salvation in relation to faith

(New Kiratu Joseph) #1

In defining salvation. It’d be good to start by ansqwering if salvation is a process or an event.

(SeanO) #2

@New_Kiratu_Joseph The traditional answer would be to talk about justification and sanctification - justification is an event in our lives when we accept Jesus where we are cleansed by the blood of Christ and welcomed into God’s family. Sanctification is the process of growing up from a baby Christian to a mature member of God’s household.

• justification - just as if you never sinned - an event that occurs at one time when you accept Jesus
  • sanctification - an ongoing process of becoming more like Christ

Is that along the lines of what you were thinking? Or did you have something else in mind? Christ grant you wisdom :slight_smile:

(New Kiratu Joseph) #3

I must confess your answer is aunthentic. And touches on the very question i had…

On that note. Can we think of salvation as the initial registration of faith?

(SeanO) #4

@New_Kiratu_Joseph I think it depends - what do you mean by the word registration?

I think the Biblical term for salvation that you may be looking for is adoption. When we first place our trust in Jesus, we are adopted into the family of God - we become His sons and daughters. And then we grow in our faith in the same way kids grow up in their house - we grow in maturity and wisdom underneath the Father’s care and the Spirit’s guidance / power.

(New Kiratu Joseph) #5

By registration i mean the first expression of faith that Jesus is lord at the point of justification.
When the diffrence comes that you didnt have faith before justification but now you have it.
Thats wjat i mean…

(SeanO) #6

@New_Kiratu_Joseph I would say that faith comes before justification because justification is the result of placing our faith / trust in Jesus. I suppose you may be able to use the word registration, but I prefer the Biblical term adoption because it is less transactional and more relational.

(New Kiratu Joseph) #7

Thank you again. Am now learning how distinguish terms in their application and meaning. The point of justification being a product of faith has stirred my thinking on what salvation is all about.

(SeanO) #8

@New_Kiratu_Joseph Excellent! So honored to be able to see you walking that journey. May the Lord grant you joy and wisdom as you seek to accurately describe the new life in Christ.