How can we grow in our belief and trust in the Lord?

Hello sir.
I’m Albin from India.:slightly_smiling_face:

I heard your testimony, and it was amazing how the Lord saved you and your household through you (Acts 16:34).
I too have been seeking the Lord for my Salvation and whenever I hear any testimony, I long to have one of my own.

I’ve been struggling with a lot of Unbelief
that God is not willing and neither is going to Save me, especially when I look around at the fact of so many people are lost and troubling scriptures like-
Luke 13:24 “Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able”

Matthew 7:13 "“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it”

And every day, I struggle with Unbelief. This verse is perfectly fitting in my case:
Hebrews 3:12
“Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.”

And when verses like Jam 1:6 — Jam 1:8, come to my mind, it feels even more heavy.

God has pointed to me that I must submit to Him, but it seems impossible, to do on my own without God’s Grace, cuz ultimately, it’s He who does.
I do struggle with different kinds of distractions at times, in seeking the Lord, Luke 10:41, John 5:44, etc.

Could you advise how could I overcome my Unbelief and put my Trust in the Lord.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Albin,

Nice to meet you and thanks for asking the question.

It’s sounds like you know God‘s Word and have been reading it but have been focusing on the parts where you might have unbelief. We know that in Mark 9:24 a man struggles with his faith by saying this: Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!” Mark 9:24 (ESV). My prayer is for you countine to appeal to Jesus to create in your heart to believe more firmly.

I think most believers struggle with this and that’s why I love our ministry in that we all have questions even the believer. Our tagline is “Helping the Thinker Believe and Helping the Believer Think”. One of my favorite verses is Matthew 7:13 entering the narrow gate. To me that means that you pay the price now and receive the reward later. So Jesus is saying that it’s hard following Him and that you’re going to have to make tough decisions but He wants you to trust Him. He never said it would be easy. But you will have joy and peace because you know that the reward is to be with Him in the end.

Albin, my prayer is that you put your full trust and commitment in Jesus.

Saved by Grace,

Sanj

4 Likes