How can we show our peaceful Muslims friends the danger of true Islamic belief?

evangelism
senemekener

(Daphne Corder) #1

Hi Senem,

Thank you for your ministry and for taking the time to answer our questions.

If Christians draw the stark comparisons of Muslim beliefs and the Christian beliefs (i.e. Sharia Law) some people respond by saying things like, “Those are extreme Muslims, most Muslims are not like that. They live peacefully and we should not be afraid” How would you respond to this? It’s as if they dismiss what it is reallly like for people in this part of the world and they brush it off as extremeism, and feel that most mosques are loving and kind. How can we show them the danger of the belief and not the danger of the person?

Thank you,
Daphne Corder

(lynda cook) #2

Hello Daphne, I’m wondering if Seneem has answered your questions bc I haven’t seen an answer yet, but am afraid I might have missed it. I’m curious to hear her answer. Such good questions you posed!

(Daphne Corder) #3

Lynda,
I never got a response?? Not sure why? Hope I didn’t post it too late?
Daphne

(Carson Weitnauer) #4

Hi @lynda_cook,

You did a great job with your questions! I’ve written to Senem and will be in touch.

gratefully,
Carson

(Senem Ekener) #5

Dear Daphne and Lynda,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your question.
I was at a remote location in Turkey last whole week and failed to check the Connect page.
I am very sorry!

Your question is a very important and a relevant one in day to day conversations with our Muslim friends.
It was in fact the official Islamic Sacrifice Holiday (Eid al-Adha) in Turkey last week and the issue you raised in your question has become a reality for me once again. I also come from a Muslim background and I do remember asking the same question in my mind during the process of my search and disassociation from Islam.

I’d approach to answer to this question from different angles, perhaps considering who exactly is asking. Assumptions seldom reflect reality. Many nominal Muslims would hardly have read the Quran and are simply practicing a ‘humanist deist’ belief. But if someone sincerely says that he/she is a true Muslim, then we need to be able to kindly and respectfully engage with them and ask the challenging questions for their truth claims.

We as Christians are called to love and offer grace in the measure that we receive from our Lord Jesus. Therefore, as much as we know how ‘dangerous’ the radical Islam is, we are still to love, engage and show the Jesus’ way in daily life, one conversation at a time. Because of that very reason, I always recommend that Christians walk the extra mile by reading the Quran and be aware of what it actually says and claims. By doing that, we show our Muslim friends that we really do care about their worldview and take the time to learn what their holy book says. It also helps immensely in the area of apologetics, because you learn how it talks about Jesus and other Old/New Testament characters.

Another note I’d like to add is this: A nominal Muslim always carries a possibility of turning into a radical Muslim. But this danger applies for all of us if we are to pursue evil instead of good. So, if there is a mosque involvement it might simply be a community affair that we may even consider engaging with, in order to share God’s love.

I truly appreciate your heart and concern for Muslims and confronting the evil actions cautiously. It requires a very gentle thread of thought and consideration. First and foremost, the prayer is our main tool. So the Lord’s Spirit would draw them to Himself that they may see the transforming power of Jesus over their lives.

I really hope that someday we can have a chance to discuss this issue further by having a long, deep conversation. For now, I thank you for taking the time to read my response and ask that you continue to carry Muslims in your heart through prayer and by opening your life to them in God’s wise appointment of time.

I appreciate your patience and grace for me.

Many blessings!

Senem.

(Kay Kalra) #6