Support RZIM Connect

How do I change my donation

I need to adjust my donation amount which is pulled automatically from my bank account. I can’t seem to access that since the platform changed.

Can you direct me in how to proceed?

Thank you so much,
Leslie Eyton

Hi @Leslie_Eyton,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. As you mentioned, we made the transition to a new giving platform called Classy a little over a year ago, and it looks like your recurring gift is still housed in our former system. Those donations have continued to be drawn automatically; however, that platform will be shut down soon so those gifts will not be able to continue much longer. This would be a good time then to set up a new gift rather than updating the amount for the old gift.

If you could initiate a new monthly gift in the new amount on our giving page, we will cancel your former recurring gift at that time. However, please note that your new gift will be drawn for the first time on the day that you set it up. Please feel free to contact our Prayer and Resources Department by calling 800-448-6766, and we would be happy to assist you in this process and can take care of this for you all at once. Our office is open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Eastern time Monday through Friday. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for supporting RZIM!